Thread: car bogs down

car bogs down

sometimes wen i am driving my car will start to bog down and stumble a little wen i give it gas and it will shake back and forth but it only does this for a few second and its usually wen in the low rpm range at first i thought it could be a bad clutch not catching good but after paying more attention to it i know thats not it. does anyone know wat could be causing this?

my car does the something for the past 3 years it bugs me. I have a new fuel filter and it tune up. but once in a while it just bogs down. hard to find only does while driving.

have you guys tried changing ur oxigen sensor?

no i havnt, how often should it be replaced and how hard is it to do?

autozone has a tool to change it and i think you have to change it every 30000k miles is your check engine light on?

Quote Originally Posted by Shagy View Post
    have you guys tried changing ur oxigen sensor?
    it has nothing to do with o2 sensor, i thought all the hondas do that

its like a jerk and boging thing in lower gears and rpm when speed is around 15-25 mph, when you try to give it gas , it will pause for like 1 or 2 sec then jerk and go

my curent da, my last da and my friend 2003 rsx , they all do that in lower rpm, i thought it might have something to do with the ignition module, icu or mfr, i dont know, i just adjust my driving style to avoid it

is this even fixable?

this seems to be another typical "honda thing" , just like the leeaky cam seal.

no its not on and the ecu throws nothing......and dang that sucks i want to find a way to fix it i cant stand it and im sure it looks like my car is bout to die to other people, there has to be something you can do like the cam seal you can get better ones

my brothers civic was doing the same thing and i adjusted the timing to the proper position and it wen away...check ur timing

i just did a full turn up

with everything you can think of except cap n rotor, timing was checked on both crank and cams and dizzzzy

it still does it

dang i mean i know its prob nothing to sweat over but i still want it gone there has to be a way to fix it i mean im sure it didnt do it back in 1990 lol

sounds like its possibly ignition related. Swap out your distributor with a good known working one...I bet you will notice a difference. Seems like the next logical step anyway, you said yourself you have changed everything except that. You did change the fuel filter too right?

i wasnt the op , but i believe the dizzzzy is almost new when i got the car

when i got the car it has newish radiator n hoses, dizzzzy ,tires n other stuffs

i changed the fuel filter

it feels like when you at lower rpm fuel is not flowing well and , gas fuel pump or the fuel control systerm is not sending fuel at the very first sec whn you give it gas, it has to be something ike icu mfr.

anyways , it doesnt matter to me, i just change my driving style to avoid it , i am just trying to figure it out for everyone else whos been bugged

Had to bump I fix my problem My boss started selling this intake system cleaner.

so i tried it out.

its a chemical that you let drip throw the PVC valve it takes about a hour to use up the chemical, the car was blowing alot of white smoke.

the chemical breaks up all the carbon build up in the intake while cleaning up the injectors then the car burns its.

they kit come with a throttle body cleaner also.

I gain back so much more power and it don't bog anymore.

I forgot how much power my b20 had.

to bad they don't sell this stuff in stores only auto repair shops can get this stuff. that I know of

Seafoam baby! Does the same thing. It works insanely well and you can buy it any Napa. Most importantly they sell it in a spray can as well and call it Seafoam DeepCreep. You spray that stuff into your throttle body and you will be amazed at the results...i know I was. Sooo smooth on accelerating and lots of power back.

So you buy a can of Seafoam put 1/3 in the crank case, 1/3 in the fuel tank and suck 1/3 in through the brake booster hose, then spray a whole bunch of the deepcreep into your open throttle body.

The stuff is truly amazing, if it doesn't make your car run a lot better I will eat my muffler.

Have the same problem except the bogging is so bad u can barely drive the car and i get stuck in intersections... ive changed distributor map sensor tps is good new fuel pump new filter i even changed the entire intake because when i unplug vacumm hoses the idle does not change ive replaced plugs wires and the injectors r good and my fuel pressure is fine even compression checked it 180 across no idea wat the problem is anyone have any other ideas please tell me

enigmateg have you replaced wires and plugs? they can wreak havoc sometimes. Hows your timing? MFR?

And if you have never done it grab some Seafoam Deep Creep (its seafoam in a spray can, available at NAPA) Remove the air intake hose from the throttle body housing, open up the flap, and spray a generous amount of the stuff in there. If its dirty at all grab a rag and give it a good wipe but most important is to just blast the crap out of the thing with the flap open.

the stuff is a miracle in a bottle IMO.

If that doesn't help (I havent seen a car yet it hasnt) you can also try buying a bottle of regular seafoam and adding 1/3 to your crank case, 1/3 to your gas tank, and suck 1/3 into your brake booster hose a I mentioned in my previous post. (all the instructions are on the can, make sure you change your oil within 100km's after adding it to crankcase)

I was worried about using it before I actually did and now I will never look back. it was so effective on my winter beater mazda I will put that stuff in anything with confidence.

wires are good and plugs are new although when i compression checked it they were fouled and as for the MFR i know its getting power because before i replaced fuel pump i checked that...other than that idk how to test it next im going to drain all the fuel out and since about 1/4 of it is several months old and use some seafoam the weird thing about it all is when i first got the car i replaced the fuel pump and it ran fine for 1 day then started bogging down and same thing when i replaced the intake ran great for about 10 minutes then bogged down constantly

How do you know the wires are good, have you swapped them out for something known working? Exact same problem?

try your fuel drain and definitely try the seafoam (dont forget to spray it into the TB). If this doest work your going to have to get systematic on this biotch..

Gonna have to start trouble shooting one thing at a time. You need to find out if it is fuel or fire definitively, and then work your way back. If your getting great spark for sure and you rule that out, then attach a fuel pressure gauge and see whats happening there.

Let me know how the seafoam goes...you would be surprised how much that stuff can accomplish.