Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catback with 2.5" piping?!

Hey guys,

I have a 94 b18c swapped into my DA and am running a RMF replica header with 2.5" collector. I have searched and can't seem to find ANY out of the box bolt up catback exhausts with 2.5" mandrel bent piping. I know that there is bolt up and weld up kits out there that are 2.5" like smsp and kteller, but I would like to not have to get it welded and have to put in resonators, and my own muffler to make it work. Are there any out of the box options for us, I know the DA seems pretty neglected in aftermarket exhaust offerings? Thanks a ton

What you seek is a rare tanabee hyper medallion cat bak. I think I saw another brand that's bigger on the for sale forum. Get ready to spend $400+. It would be cheaper to have a custom setup made for $250 or less if you shop around.
    I paid $200 for a tanabee Muffler then $100 to have a shop make the custom 2.5 pipe from header, no cat to muffler.
    I had a jdm itr swap so smog laws don't matter to me, just having the swap is bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by da6xsi06 View Post
      What you seek is a rare tanabee hyper medallion cat bak. I think I saw another brand that's bigger on the for sale forum. Get ready to spend $400+. It would be cheaper to have a custom setup made for $250 or less if you shop around.
      I paid $200 for a tanabee Muffler then $100 to have a shop make the custom 2.5 pipe from header, no cat to muffler.
      I had a jdm itr swap so smog laws don't matter to me, just having the swap is bad enough.
      Im pretty sure the hyper medallion is 60mm as well and not 2.5". Can anybody confirm this? Thank you

Comment

i built my own 2.5" piping setup in terms of getting a 2.5" es oval muffler inlet/outlet and running straight 2.5" piping w/no cat or test pipe and have it welded together... works suffecient for me and makes great power but kinda loud..imo a good loud but cops dont think so lol.. thats just the way i did mine..

Comment

Sounds like a pretty legit setup to me.

Comment

Try an RS*R exhaust system. They are considered to be one of the quietest systems. They are 70mm pipping so its a little bit bigger than 2.5" but I think it'll work good for you

Comment

RS*R is 60mm piping, not 70. Which comes out to 2.34 inches.

Comment

D5 concepts 120 bucks shipped 2.5 inch catback been running it for two years....check out my video http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=3UJokPTPBgU

Comment

Working...
                X