CEL comes on after full throttle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEL comes on after full throttle.

Hello G2IC, I am having issues with my DA. i have a b20z2 bottom end, type r head, victor x manifold and tb to match. so the issue i am having is when i get on it go to rev limiter on first and hit second my check engine light comes on. either into second or in mid vtec in third i feel a bog then somewhat of a power loss. im lost on what it could be normal driving i have no issues just when racing or full throttle. any help is apreciated.

Pull the code.
    G2IC Forum Rules | G2IC Commerce Rules

Comment

i thing it is code 7 which is the tps sensor unless im wrong

Comment

Code 7 is indeed a TPS.

Search on how to calibrate a Honda TPS. If after calibration (or if you can't get it to come in to spec), look into replacing it.

Comment

well i have tried calibrating it .05v closed throttle then 4.5v wide open yet i cannot get it into where its supposed to be. i have tried three or four i had laying around that were working and nothing.

Comment

any insight anyone?

Comment

You're supposed to get .5v closed, not .05v.

If you've tried with three different sensors and you cant get the correct voltage reading, you're more-than-likely doing it wrong.

Comment

thats what i mean .5v and i had done my buddys the exact same way im doing mine and the readings are way off. same setting on the multimeter or whatever its called i had gotten his in perfect. then went to mine and it reads 1.5v closed throttle and 5.02v WOT

Comment

Working...
                X