Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I seriously give up on my car. please help(pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seriously give up on my car. please help(pics)

Ok first of i have a 1993 Integra RS, I blew my clutch, so I decided its time for an ls/vtec. Last week i swaped the ls vtec motor with a b18b1 block and b16 head. Since my tranny was shot, i got a 90-91 tranny with a 90-91 exedy clutch.

The car runs smooth and perfect, but one problem i can go through the gears while the motor is running. Alot of people told me to adjust the clutch pedal calbe so i did, still same thing!! and the axles/ wheels dont spin?

Im 100%sure that I installed the clutch, TO bearing , pilot bearing, and TO bearing spring correctly. could it be my tranny? The car is on jackstands, and when i put it reverse and give it gas i can hear the (reverse sound) so that means my clutch is working prperly, right?there is tension in my pedal like it was stock. Anyone encounter problem before? or the tranny i bought was all messed up then?

and i gotta take off the head since i see a leak from the ls vtec plug.... im soo tired of working on this car, my tach dont work, the fan on the radiator dont work. im still waiting on my upper pwr steering b17 bracket for my ps, my ac is not in anymore i probably bent the a/c lines arhghg i dont know my car has been dead since august heres some pics of the cable adjustment.
    im jsut getting to the point where i jsut friggin give up
    engine bay kinda messy

Clutch cable

clutch cable adjustment

That sucks man. Sorry to hear. How much did you put into the LS/VTEC conversion? Would it have been cheaper just to buy a B16A longblock and installed that?

TIA

Comment

got a b16 head like 400 bucks, i used my ls distributor, i have a hyperducktuning ecu. (200) the b18b block i had for over a year i got it for 300 bucks, i got arp head studs(130), exedy clutch (300)
      tranny (100) i prolly spent more on stupid **** like a stupid thread sealant and engine asembly lube, tools, stupid bolts and gaskets, it up there...i jsut dont understand...i really give up

Comment

WOW dude. That really sucks.

Don't think of the money you just spent. If you give up on the car right now, you'll take a loss on that $$$ + your time and labor. Get some help (like have some people come over and give you a hand).

HTH

Comment

ya no reason to give up. i see those as expected mishaps with entire engine swaps especially when its a hybrid. im sure itll be something stupid and youll be running in no time.

btw, how did you plug the hole? any idea why its leaking? do you know what you would do next time to prevent it?

Comment

Originally posted by XDEep
            ya no reason to give up. i see those as expected mishaps with entire engine swaps especially when its a hybrid. im sure itll be something stupid and youll be running in no time.

btw, how did you plug the hole? any idea why its leaking? do you know what you would do next time to prevent it?

its been sitting dead since end of july i save dup alot of money so i can buy a new tranny new clutch new stupid ecerything. and alot of it was back order like 2 3 even one month back order. finding parts is no easy task especially when things are on back order. i had a machine shop do my ls vtec plug... seriously its only leaking on the distributor side im thining its taht plug but im 100% taht its tapped and pluged and i even put teflon on the damn thing.. as far as the clutch/trans i dunno waht to do i jsut friggin give up ill let it sit there im so osick on working on it.. and plus its been raining alot so i dont get the chance to workon it outside

Comment

i feel ya. it took me 23 days to just do a regular head swap. most of the time was spent waiting for the right tool or someone to come and help. eventually i ended up just tackling it the way i wanted to (with a welder) and it came out perfectly. i was very gratified with the result and just look at it like a learning experience.. first time doing motor work.

Comment

yeah man i dont even wanan bother with it anymore.. anyone out there can diagnose this problem from waht i said up top>?>

Comment

From my expirience unadjust the cable knob.What I meen is give it slack,do that until you feel the the arm on the tranny to push the clutch has slack.I hope you understand what I said .good luck

Comment

Originally posted by nonvtec
                    From my expirience unadjust the cable knob.What I meen is give it slack,do that until you feel the the arm on the tranny to push the clutch has slack.I hope you understand what I said .good luck
                    you mean get loose? but seriously there no way of me telling what is tight ant what is not cuz my clutch pedal is kinda high higher than my brake pedal could that be it? then again i can go through the gears with out pressing the clutch but i hear the clutch engaging when i go reverse it sounce normal to me when i do it

Comment

From what I see in your pic. you have it over tight.Try to go back where is black and a little more.good luck

Comment

Try the spot where it's black and turning into dirt.

Comment

I think its the clutch. It could be the shift forks but I have honestly never seen a Honda tranny THAT ****ed up. When you say you can hear the reverse sound, are the wheels actually spinning as well or not?

Comment

Ok... lets break it down... answer me these questions and I think we can get it licked.

1. Can you FEEL the tranny go between gears... like in and out of each gear?? Or are you just moving the shifter to those points?

2. If you can hear reverse (cause they are straight cut... not helical like the forward gears), and the wheels aren't moving... the clutch isn't your problem. Do this... while the car is in the air, turn a wheel... does it make any odd noises?? Does the other wheel turn at all?

The only way the clutch could be doing this is if the cable was tightened SOOO much that the clutch was disengaged... and I really don't know if anyone has the upper body strength to tighten the cable that much... My guess is there is something seriously wrong with your tranny... maybe someone was nice enough to give you a broken one... My vote is broken shift forks... cause reverse has its own... and maybe something else... will have to know more info first

And where on the East Coast are you? If you are in Florida... drop me an email, I have a few friends out there that would be kind enough to help you out I'm sure...

Comment

listen from what i hear your just haveing a bad time getting everything to run smoothly slow down and take your time. first of all check with the manual about clutch adjustment at the pedal. what i mean is if you have the car running and you push the clutch in and put it in gear as you release the pedal when does the car and clutch feel like its "grabbing" if its as soon as yuou let out the pedal you have i adjusted to far and you need to back off the adjust knob. if you feel it grab at the last bit of the pedal you have it under udjusted and you need to tighten the adjustment knob. i hve the same clutch you do and i know what you describe. now if i uderstand yuou correctly you can switch gears without using the clutch pedal if this is the case your tranny gears are shot. or if i understand you correctly you say you put it in gear and nothing happens your syncros might be trashed. try this put the car in first gear and continue to apply pressure to the shifter like your putting it in gear now as you llet out the clutch and give gas to move forward see it the shifter grinds or moves in to gear and the car starts to move. if either happens i hate to tell yuou this but you have bad tranny. hope this helps if you have any questions drop me and emial ccalifano@cfl.rr.com

Comment

Working...
                              X