No announcement yet.

B20 Cr-Vtec setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, B18C is the best block to use in my opinion. I am doing a B18C bored to 2.0 right now, sleeved of course. its gonna be way better than the B20(CRX block).

LS/VTECs are still good if done right. Must have for an LS/V are NEW! GSR oil pump and Oil pressure gauge. NEVER EVER DO AN LS/Vtec without these two things.

I personally don’t like Stroker kits for daily driving. totally not reliable for daily use and cost lots of money. They are good for racing, but I’d rather overbore/sleeve for daily. much more reliable.

Wil
    www.exospeed.com

Exospeed Racing

Comment

b18a is cheaper than the b18c.. if u cant get the gsr block, just keep the LS block and resleeve it. have it bored to i think its 84mm gives u 2.0
      get some eagle rods and high CR JE pistons.

a properly built bottom end will make a reliable crvtec or lsvtec

Comment

There is nothing "unreliable" about the stroker b20 compared with the shorter stroke motors. You just have to realize the differences between the two designs and drive them accordingly. The longer stroke engines offer more power down low, and are not desgined to rev to 10k rpm. You can get away with that RPM with a b16, but with a b20 you shouldn't have to rev that high anyways.

Comment

From what I’ve seen in the past few years, so far the “custom” stroker kits out there have not been reliable. Maybe the JUN/spoon etc are more realiable, but I have not heard of any one running a Jake’s Engine, Crower, RS motorworks, PYR, R&D, or Erick’s engine stroker kit that has been daily driven back and forth to work, stop and go traffic, daily driving. (These are the local engine builders that claim to have or have stroker kits avail.)

So no matter if its reliable, I still wouldn’t drive a $4500 stroked out block for work/school/leisure driving.

Wil

Comment

Ahh sorry I thought you were talking about the b20 crank compared with the b16. Ya I would rather go with OEM stuff whenever possible. Usually it costs less too.

Comment

Working...
            X