Oem Ctr Crank pulley?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oem Ctr Crank pulley?

Good or bad? I have heard mixed thoughts on them, and need more input before I put it on my car.

So far I haven't had any problems with mine yet, I bought it back in Feb.
    Honestly, I don't like the fact that I have no p/s or ac. It's coming off real soon

Comment

any gains?

Comment

I'm pretty sure HP was freed up, but can't say how much? i'm waiting to find a good tuner, I've added other mods.

Comment

have an itr pulley milled down or run a stock itr one. the ctr one doesn't have the rubber in the pulley to take away the vibration. give me some sleep and i may use real terms. lol.

Comment

the ctr pulley isn't dampened, so in the long run it will ruin your main bearings.. or shatter your oil pump..

seen it happen too many times...

Comment

Meat Market,
              If that were true, explain to me why Honda sells it on a car that they provide a warranty on for 100K miles? Is it your point that we know more about dampers then they do?
              J.

Comment

.j. is j00 a n00b? he SAID it will shatter jer oil pump. jkjk, you don't still have ur da do ya? i remember seein pix of it years ago.
                on a serious note, if you could run a dampened pulley why not?

Comment

KT,
                  Ya, I still got it, and I'm going to make a happy birthday post for it soon. I just finished revamping it as its gotten some new toys.

J.

Comment

.J.'s got new toys.. cant wait..

i've had my ctr pulley on for about a year now daily driver, no noticable problems so far..

CTR pulley with a 10lb flywheel & Y1 tranny, b16a revs up pretty quick..

Comment

i dunno where your getting your info..but As far as I know, no "production" cars are sold with it. Its used for N1 enduro racing.. Its not used for 100k miles consumer setups. and the failures i have seen were on boosted setups making over 300whp

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1207659

Comment

civic type R's are production vehicles.. in japan.. they were still mass produced..

haha, if you guys dont like the ctr N1 crank pulley, dont use it.. buy one of those other aftermarket dampener equiped pulleys..

and another thing about that thread you linked on honda-tech, no where i read says that he pulled it apart and inspected it first.. i've taken apart stock motors with bearings that look alot worse then that..

Comment

i know what a civic type r is, i was just under the impression that the ctr pulley was an aftermarket part, and the original civic type r came with a dampened pulley, and that the solid ctr pulley was generally used for factory race engines that were torn down and inspected/rebuilt as needed..

if your going to use an undampened pulley like the ctr, at least get it balanced, to save long term wear on bearings.. imho .

not trying to act like a know it all by any means, just trying to get out all the info so people can make up their own minds..

~meat~

Comment

Meat,
                            No sir, its called the N1 pulley because you can buy a basic CTR with no AC or PS and most of the buyers were using them for the one make race. Hence the name, the "N1 CTR." Honda has never made a single use part, unless were talking about Mugen, and everypart they make is with their core principals in mind, reliability, value, performance..blahblahblah.

Message to the masses:
                            USE THE CTR PULLEY AND YOU WILL BE FINE, STOP LISTENING TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW LITTLE AND ASSUME ALOT!
                            J.

Comment

I have had one on my b20 for ~1-2 years. All is well. I find it interesting that everyone is worried about a dampener on the little tiny pulley on one end of the crank, but what about the 15-20lb hunk on the other side? The flywheel isnt dampened.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X