plastic guard stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plastic guard stuff

i was wondering how much of that plastic guard cover thing for the timing belt can u leave off without effecting anything. also what is the black box thing on the back of the block under the intake manifold support? my retarded friend managed to break one of the tube things that the hose clamps to? is it an easy part to replace or what?

i wouldnt take any of it off imo. and i believe thats the oil catch can

Comment

Black box is breather chamber box for the pcv valve.

Comment

one of the tubes broke off of that box thing. is it just a pull out change kinda thing or do i have to get a whole new box

Comment

It's best to replace it imo.

Comment

i dont think replacement of the box is nessicary ($40 from the dealer)

a new oring and the hose, I asuming where talking the the hose the goes up to the manifold for the pcv valve. will run you about 15 i believe, reuse the old fitting. call it a day.

Have fun with that one, bye the way

Comment

its not the hose its the black tube that the hose clamps onto on the box. i broke when my boneheaded friend tried pulling the coolant tube off too fast and hit the top of the box

Comment

Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
                i dont think replacement of the box is nessicary ($40 from the dealer)

a new oring and the hose, I asuming where talking the the hose the goes up to the manifold for the pcv valve. will run you about 15 i believe, reuse the old fitting. call it a day.

Have fun with that one, bye the way
                were you drunk when you posted this?

Comment

Originally posted by dogskull666 View Post
                  its not the hose its the black tube that the hose clamps onto on the box. i broke when my boneheaded friend tried pulling the coolant tube off too fast and hit the top of the box

so its the little adapter piece. you shouldnt need to remove the breater box for that. those fitting pieces slide in and out of the box realitivly easily. you might as well replace that hose while your in there.

Taking off the IM support would greatly help you to get your hands in and out of there.

Originally posted by gilcontr View Post
                  were you drunk when you posted this?
                  as drunk as ive been lately, sadly no probly just tierd as fuck. why do you ask. Did i sound like a retard

Comment

Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
                    so its the little adapter piece. you shouldnt need to remove the breater box for that. those fitting pieces slide in and out of the box realitivly easily. you might as well replace that hose while your in there.

Taking off the IM support would greatly help you to get your hands in and out of there.

as drunk as ive been lately, sadly no probly just tierd as fuck. why do you ask. Did i sound like a retard
                    I've seen you write other stuff before and it has never been that hard to understand before. oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by gilcontr View Post
                      I've seen you write other stuff before and it has never been that hard to understand before. oh well.
                      I have the tendency to ramble on and on when im realy exausted.

Comment

i already have the motor out, and tore down to the bottom end, i just was wondering about the box think. and what about the plastic crap. it looks like the cam gears and timing belt have been rubbing up against it. some parts are almost rubbed through. is it alright to just leave the top parts off and just put the bottom guards on with the timing mark?

Comment

Working...
                        X