Best swap for my money?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best swap for my money?

Hey guys. I was just wondering what some of you guys think on what engine I should get with the budget I have. I'm looking to spend 2500 installed for a complete changeover including tranny. Is it possible for me to get a pretty good engine installed for around that price?

I would like to get a motor that's in good condition, has power, and reliable. I don't wanna bother getting the parts little by little just cuz I don't have any experience on this. Would you guys suggest I just go to a good shop and buy a complete changeover and have it installed? Keep in mind my budget

well lets see... if i was in your situation id have 2 choices...
    1. b16 swap w/ b16 tranny
    this swap will cost a little less and give u some extra money to spend on other things like bolt ons or suspension etc. its a good swap and really popular tho its not as "torquey" as
    2. b18 gsr swap w/ gsr/b16 tranny
    this is also a good swap an would prolly come close to your budget.. you get a little bit more hp and torque compared to the b16
    both are good motors and good swaps... theres alot of argument as to which one is better but i believe its all pretty much preference
    b16 doesnt have as good low end power as a gsr but once u get up there and hear it scream its just as fun
    if u live in an area where theres alot of hills or mountains id get a gsr unless u like revving realy high lol

Comment

i agree the b16 swap or gsr

Comment

Going to a shop to buy a gsr swap with tranny installed would be more than 2500 huh? I have no background in doing a complete swap or anything for that matter. I don't wanna hassle in buying parts separate just because I want this done right the first time so I would guess going to a reputable shop would be best

Comment

I was going thru some online socal shops and it seems their asking around 2500-2900 for a complete changeover not installed. What do you guys suggest I should do?

Comment

I'll do it.... I'm in socal.

Buy everything you need and I'll swap it for dirt cheap.

Comment

How cheap are we talking? Email me at villarino1k@gmail.com btw, any experience?

Comment

I built my own LSVTEC, High COmpression LS, fully built GSR, 2 B20V's, my H22 swap, countless timing belt, clutch, trans, head, bolt on swap overs.

If you have space, I have tools and a beer taste. If you have everything, axles, trans, linkage, wiring, ECU, beer, it'll be done in 3 hours.

Comment

Know anyone selling a complete changeover gsr? I'll be ready to buy by the end of February or early march no later. Can I get a price in $ plus how many cases of beer to install? Haha. My limit is 2500 installed. I wonder if a gsr is even possible with my budget.

Btw where are you located?

Comment

Well, price everything yourself. I wont do more then give a hand in swapping it.

Comment

Do a b20 and LSD transmission good bang for the buck swap. Later if you still want more power build on it.

Comment

Originally posted by joe383 View Post
                        Do a b20 and LSD transmission good bang for the buck swap. Later if you still want more power build on it.
                        the OP is from cali, no b20 in a teg allowed.

Comment

It's not allowed but there are tons of B20 swapped integras.

Comment

Originally posted by team123luder View Post
                            It's not allowed but there are tons of B20 swapped integras.
                            true. i notice a lot are also for sale... wonder why?

there are also a ton of b20 swapped, originally from CA (i have one! lol), tegs that show up in NV. wonder why that is? oh yeah, cause its legal in NV to have one.

since your in cali i have to ask. do you feel like getting your car crushed because "they" pulled you over when you had a "small suv" engine under the hood of your teg? personally, i like my car a little too much to let that happen

Comment

if you choose b16 you will regret

gsr or ls is the way

Comment

Working...
                              X