b20 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b20 swap

well i have a b20 in my car right now and i talk to some friends that know the laws on motor swaps very well and what not and they told me that there is a way that i can make a b20 pass the state ref. and they said " that your car must have came with a stock LS in it you must blow your shit up and then that's the only way that you can get i to pass the state ref ".

and now this is where i am lost cause i hear from a bunch of different ppl that you cant have a b20 in your due to the fact that it's suv motor. so i just wanted to get some help with this cause im thinking about going gsr.

thanks

move out of cali.....problem solved lol

Comment

i don't live in cali but honestly re-stamp the motor b18b how are they going to know ???

Comment

dude i would honestly either restamp the motor or just but in a b18, b16 motor in it. i had a b20 in my car and i got pulled of for excessiely loud exhaust and got busted for the motor and got sent to the cali referee. and its been the biggest pain im my ass eer. im still trying to get my car to pass they keep finding things wrong.
        so what im trying to say is swap that motor before you have to deal with the referee..

Comment

i have heard from a ref guy at my school that they sometimes pass b20s as replacement motors for b18s. i don't exactly know what would qualify you to pass.

i think Southwestern college has a ref station, i know Cuyamaca College has one i know for sure. you should give them a call or go down there on Tuesday.

Comment

Tell them you got the b20 from a Prelude?

Comment

dont tell them anything, stop living in a state that gives you shit over something so trivial.

this doesnt make sense though, i think california is picking on you guys.
              Ford made an all aluminum V8 block, it was in the navigator. i know a guy living in cali who has swapped that motor into his mustang, been to state refs and hasnt had an issue. they didnt even check the VIN or serials on the motor. just made sure all the OEM emissions shit was there and sent him on his way.

the dual 2.75" pretty much just a muffled racecar exhaust on the car didnt cause any issues either.

california discriminates, theyd rather we swap big burly V8s into our base model mustangs than put a replacement block with +.2 displacement (and is newer than any of our cars OEM motors, which i assume would mean its a little more efficient/cleaner...)

fuck california. i wouldnt trust a state govenrment run by the terminator anyway.

Comment

id restamp the shit badabing! your in there

Comment

Working...
                X