Piston Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piston Help

Hey guys. After going threw Honda-Tech, Non-VTEC, and G2iC forums I'm still a little fuzzy on what pistons to use on my rebuild. I'm looking for about 10.xx. I think I'd be ok with 11 but IDK how long it'll be before I can tune it once I get it running. I want to make sure it'll still be ok on an OEM ECU. Any help will be great. Thanks all.

I'll drive the car ALOT and I have 93 Everywhere here in VA so octane wise I'm good. So I'm thinking PR3 which is OEM USDM B16? C Speed Racing's calc says I'll be right at 10.8? So basic good vs bad would help. Thanks again,

Use the JDM PR3 pistons in conjunction with a 2 ply headgasket. You'll be right around 10.8:1 as long as your cylinder head hasn't had any material removed for resurfacing. Also take your engine block decking into consideration as well. Typical is .002" to .004". Doesn't change much but it all adds up.
    Last edited by G2guru; 19 Feb 2010, 20:47:38.
    Dan
    92 GS-"R"
    13.9 @ 100mph
    17" street tires

Comment

Will the machine shop be able to give me all the measurements and what not?

Comment

Originally posted by 1Slw4Dr View Post
        Will the machine shop be able to give me all the measurements and what not?
        Absolutely. A quality machine shop should tell you exactly how much they will deck the block which establishes piston to deck height, how much piston to wall clearance they plan to give you, and if they assembled the bottom end how much rod, main, and thrust bearing clearance you will end up with. They should also be able to tell you whether or not your cylinder head needs surfacing. If you want to bump the compression up to 11:1 without running a thinner head gasket, you could simply have more material removed from the cylinder head. I would not recommend more than .030"
        Dan
        92 GS-"R"
        13.9 @ 100mph
        17" street tires

Comment

Alright thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X