This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to addentifie vtech heads

I have a 90 ls n want to vtech it. My buddy has a single cam vtech that gos 7000 rpms but I want 8 plus plan to turbo later don't see the reason to have a turbo n only shift at 7. I also worked on a 98 gs today that went to 8 how do I know what it is though where on the head do I look.

It's "vtec", not "vtech".
    G2IC Forum Rules | G2IC Commerce Rules

Comment

Originally posted by emmasdaddy51307 View Post
      I have a 90 ls n want to vtech it. My buddy has a single cam vtech that gos 7000 rpms but I want 8 plus plan to turbo later don't see the reason to have a turbo n only shift at 7. I also worked on a 98 gs today that went to 8 how do I know what it is though where on the head do I look.
      Yes. Revs are everything. WHo cares about torque curves and power bands.

Here is the vtech website. Hope this helps.

http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/i...FQoVawodYHhwkw

Comment

First off You can turbo anything and it will be fast Just because a 5 liter doesn't rev to 8000 rpm's doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a great candidate for a turbo. And for the head on the top on the front side of the head there will be 3 sets of stamps. 1 with 2stamps on the left, the one in the middle has four(first one of these four will tell you what year it is which is handy to know ), and the one on the right has the head code witch is what you want!

hope this helps

Comment

Be careful revving the stock b18 to 8k. Those rod bolts would be your weak point!
          John Marsteller
          Mishimoto Automotive

Comment

Originally posted by Mishimoto View Post
            Be careful revving the stock b18 to 8k. Those rod bolts would be your weak point!
            especially when its not yours!

Comment

So what if I spelled it wrong who cares I'm not n english class. N I'm not saying a standard b18 would not be great turbo. I'm just saying if ur going that route why not get that extra push from a vtec head n have that turbo give all it wants the faster it spins the better it is right n thanks guys for the help.

Comment

To decep. I know thers fucking power curves but when ur vtech power is the higher rpms n the turbo really doesn't start kicking in till 2500 r plus then u don't get the full affect form the turbo. U get some which will still be great but I guarantee if I put a b18a with turbo up against a ls vtec turbo same turbo set mind u it will smoke the b18a
                Last edited by spikeymike; 20 Feb 2010, 01:08:09.

Comment

word on the street is that the sohc vtec is the best engine to turbo! look to the left hand side of the head in front of the distributor there shoud be a spool valve! single green wire goin into it!

Comment

Originally posted by steve_d_mechani View Post
                    word on the street is that the sohc vtec is the best engine to turbo! look to the left hand side of the head in front of the distributor there shoud be a spool valve! single green wire goin into it!
                    do you have a picture of the green wire so i can "addentifie" it?

Comment

thanks man that what i wanted to know. does any one know how to adjust the valves. mine started to get real loud this morning.a friend told me that it has to be feeler gauged and it is pretty much worthless to do it that u might as well replace the caps r whatever they r.im not use to 4 cylinders ive built v8 chevy motors my whole life so i dont know exactly what i need to do to stop it

Comment

wow! I saw ignorance in this thread, genuine help and more ignorance. That sucks. lol
                        Originally posted by jdecks23
                        Especially in the Honda scene where people are cheap, do things in distaste and move on quickly. It takes a real tuner to have a vision and make it a reality. There is no better feeling than looking at your own car and feeling like "damn this is exactly what I wanted it to be." In my mind real tuners build timeless cars - not trendy ones, that means it will give you and observers the same feeling over time whether it's 3 or 20 years from now.

Comment

another good reason to stay out of tennessee, i see. thanks for the reminder

Comment

If I'm fucking wrong then correct me but being 3rd graders is fucking stupid.

Comment

90 jdm do u know what the codes r. R is there a web site I can go to get them. For the retards that have A problem with spelling I'm using a blackberry for the most part so if it comes out wrong sorry. Get a life a pay attention to the other stuff. So far nobody has wrote back n told me that I'm not actually wrong on what I said so I'm going assume I'm right untill someone corrects me.

Comment

Working...
                              X