B20B Block with future B16 head...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B20B Block with future B16 head...

I have searched a numerous of ways by typing to get a search for a simple answer to "What headers can i use when i install my B16vtec head onto my 1997 B20B low comp block?" I am not technically savvy so can i please have a repsonse that's simple Does DC make a header that i can use as direct fit for my setup i have a 1990 DA9 Ls ...I am using the Ls tranny, i currently have the B20B block and would like to install my B16 vtec head sometime this year ... But i am confused as hell as to what headers i need to get .. i want it to be a 4:2:1 direct fit if possible my setup will not be turboed or supercharged.. ALL MOTOR FTW! I am confused as to getting parts to match the block i have? or parts to match the B16 head? or parts for my LS chasis , sorry for the looooooooong write up.

I have a b20b in my 93 da and im currently using greddy sus headers they bolted right up but as long you buy parts for the stock b18a1 and or any b-series motors I.E. headers,exhaust,intake manifolds,intakes, I'm pretty sure they should fit the b20 i hope that this helps out and check here http://www.dcsports.com so see if you can find what your looking for from DC

but if im wrong im sure some one will point ya in the right direction
    Last edited by art93DA; 03 Jun 2010, 00:46:54.

Comment

Originally posted by art93DA View Post
      I have a b20b in my 93 da and im currently using greddy sus headers they bolted right up but as long you buy parts for the stock b18a1 and or any b-series motors I.E. headers,exhaust,intake manifolds,intakes, I'm pretty sure they should fit the b20 i hope that this helps out and check here http://www.dcsports.com so see if you can find what your looking for from DC

but if im wrong im sure some one will point ya in the right direction
      thnx for the info i am gonna check out the link ..off this topic Are 90-93 DA driver seat compatible mine is tore up

Comment

Originally posted by G2Smirk View Post
        thnx for the info i am gonna check out the link ..off this topic Are 90-93 DA driver seat compatible mine is tore up
        im pretty sure that they are.

Comment

I put 90 - 93 DC headers on my b20 but I dont have a vtec head though.

Comment

this is losely within the same topic as this thread so i'll ask here. When doing the b20/vtec conversion do you need to block off the internal oil port on the vtec head? I thought this didn't matter for some reason.

I have a b20/b16 setup. have an external oil line on it. went to start it and oil came out of the passenger side around the headgasket.

Comment

Yes you have to tap and plug the oil gallery in the head, because the non-vtec block doesnt have the same gallery. If you dont plug it you shove oil through the gallery, against the headgasket, and out the side of the head.

Comment

All B series headers are interchangeable from 90-01 non vtec or vtec.. only difference is the vtec headers are a bit bigger in diameter.. right now im running the 00 type r motor i just swaped and have a 91 ls dc carb legal header on it until I can get a 4-1 vtec header..

Comment

Originally posted by unified112 View Post
                  Yes you have to tap and plug the oil gallery in the head, because the non-vtec block doesnt have the same gallery. If you dont plug it you shove oil through the gallery, against the headgasket, and out the side of the head.
                  What he said.

If you did block it off, you might still get a bit of oil leakage inbetween the head and the block on the passenger side if you have too much crankcase pressure. I started up my b20vtec with no PCV breather system and i was getting a bit of leakage on that corner, but once i hooked up my catch can, the leak was gone!

Comment

Working...
                  X