No announcement yet.

Differences GSR vs. RS, LS, GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear speakers were an option for the RS model, however nearly all of them did come w/ rear speakers. But there were some that came w/ the factory rear speaker "deletes".
    Last edited by Colin; 17 May 2012, 17:09:24. Reason: Possibly incorrect info
    Track Project DB2 #896
    LeMons Project DA9
    My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

My 91 RS didn't come with a power antenna, It was retractable,(that mast look the same as a power one) but only had a signal pick-up line and a water drainage tube on the inside part of the antenna, the mast was broken so i removed it and replaced it with a aftermarket power antenna, there was no pin in the radio harness for the power antenna memory wire.

Comment

Originally posted by 92lsDa9 View Post
        My 91 RS didn't come with a power antenna, It was retractable,(that mast look the same as a power one) but only had a signal pick-up line and a water drainage tube on the inside part of the antenna, the mast was broken so i removed it and replaced it with a aftermarket power antenna, there was no pin in the radio harness for the power antenna memory wire.
        Any photos of this? I've never seen that. Looking at the part numbers in the catalog it's a little confusing, but from the diagram it does look like there may have been a manual version.
        Track Project DB2 #896
        LeMons Project DA9

Comment

No sorry, no pictures...I threw it out after i replaced it.... I'm sure it was a factory mast because it had the signature slotted swivel nut at the top of the mounting, their was a metal sleeve for the mast to retract into and their was an opaque white plastic sleeve surrounding the metal one, drain tube came out the bottom and it had a terminal for the radio signal wire to plug into, their was a metal flange (stamped out of that honda goldish looking metal)near the top of the assembly(inside the car) that had honda 10mm bolt(s) securing it. no motor or no coiled tubing holder...or whatever you call that part.

RS also has manual mirrors
          Last edited by 92lsDa9; 17 May 2012, 23:23:46.

Comment

you never did mention what year rs you have, the engine post and mounts are different and so are the tranny mounts from the 90-91 to 92-93.
            and the gsr has different axles and half shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by da6xsi06 View Post
              you never did mention what year rs you have, the engine post and mounts are different and so are the tranny mounts from the 90-91 to 92-93.
              92-93 GSR uses the same mounts as the 90-91 rs/ls/gs

Can you give any proof as to the differences? If there are differences they are not significant since those parts are interchangeable on all DA's with a manual transmission.
              Track Project DB2 #896
              LeMons Project DA9

Comment

back when I was doing a b18c swap I remember reading the either the driver side or tranny mounts were not the same from the 91 to the 92.

and the axles seem to have a different part # when you look at the ls vs gsr in AutoZone.

Comment

back when I was doing a b18c swap I remember reading the either the driver side or tranny mounts were not the same from the 91 to the 92.
                  Yes, that's true. But like I said, the 90-91 rs/ls/gs and 92-93 GSR are the same, 92-93 rs/ls/gs is different.

and the axles seem to have a different part # when you look at the ls vs gsr in AutoZone.
                  Be careful when making assumptions. I personally have not checked part numbers, but as far as I know the GSR axles are NOT GSR specific. The LS and GSR axles are not the same. But that difference is because the GSR has ABS and the LS does not. What you need to do is cross check a GS axle with a GSR axle, I'd be willing to bet they're exactly the same. Suspension is identical, intermediate shafts are the same, transmission case is the same, both have ABS... seems logical that they'd use the same axle. Like I said, I haven't checked the part numbers but nothing has ever led me to believe there's any difference and I've swapped axles around a million times between both chassis, engines, and suspension setups in question and there were no noticeable differences in axles.
                  Track Project DB2 #896
                  LeMons Project DA9

Comment

both cars are from '92

Comment

Damn i threw a gsr spoiler away then. That was dumb

Comment

I mean if you have a complete gsr donor why not keep the gsr and swap over any extras from your current car onto the gsr shell.

Comment

Working...
                        X