Readme

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which fuel pump to get

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • which fuel pump to get

    Every single time I start the car, she dies. However if I rev her for a a little bit and start, she is fine. So far, she hasnt died while we have been driving.

    I have a 4 door GS. I am not sure which fuel pump to get. When I look at rockauto, there seem to be 2; in tank and a 2" diameter for the GS. I am confused.

    Sorry folks. I am VERY down with a cold/flu/something and its got me good. It may be obvious, but I need to be certain.

    Thanks!
    Rosy

  • #2
    not sure what you are seeing on rock auto but the only option for the da is an in tank pump. how do figure that it is your fuel pump causing the issue?

    either way, in situations like this, youre better off getting a walbro than putting another oem.... thats how i feel anyway. a walbro is usually under 100$. if you decide to go oem them start using hondapartsunlimited.com to get all your stuff. order your parts by part number and not by a description. when you do that, you are 100% guarenteed to have ordered the correct part.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DA_all_day View Post
      not sure what you are seeing on rock auto but the only option for the da is an in tank pump. how do figure that it is your fuel pump causing the issue?

      either way, in situations like this, youre better off getting a walbro than putting another oem.... thats how i feel anyway. a walbro is usually under 100$. if you decide to go oem them start using hondapartsunlimited.com to get all your stuff. order your parts by part number and not by a description. when you do that, you are 100% guarenteed to have ordered the correct part.

      Well, it seems I have a DB1.

      I cant afford to have my car down for more than a day.

      How do I even access it??? DO I pull the seat up and voila, there's a hatch?

      Comment


      • #4
        to get to the fuel pump, you have to drop the fuel tank. the da isnt like most cars where the fuel pump can be accessed through the trunk or back seat. dropping the fuel tank can be difficult. check the fsm on the whole process. if you dont work on cars much then dropping the fuel tank can take more than a day. chances are you WILL break something and you will be needing new fuel hose.

        if you want an oem pump, get the part number off hondapartsunlimited.com and order through the site or go to the dealer. you have a lot of work ahead you....

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a db not a da

          Comment


          • #6
            So what. Its all the same.

            Comment


            • #7
              There were a lot of small designs that Honda quickly changed after the DA. Unfortunately, we are all stuck dropping the fuel tank to change the fuel pump. If you look at the EG/DC, it's a no brainier to make the pump accessible by simply removing the seat. The job sucks and is very difficult for a beginner. That's a design flaw I hate about all DA's.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rosyjazz View Post
                Every single time I start the car, she dies. However if I rev her for a a little bit and start, she is fine. So far, she hasnt died while we have been driving.

                I have a 4 door GS. I am not sure which fuel pump to get. When I look at rockauto, there seem to be 2; in tank and a 2" diameter for the GS. I am confused.

                Sorry folks. I am VERY down with a cold/flu/something and its got me good. It may be obvious, but I need to be certain.

                Thanks!
                Rosy
                That does not sound like a fuel pump problem, if it was a fuel pump problem it would be evident when driving. 94

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fcm View Post
                  That does not sound like a fuel pump problem, if it was a fuel pump problem it would be evident when driving. 94
                  She DOES lose power every now and again, but not for a long time.

                  My GF has been mechanic for roughly 30 years...All I know is, (she drives the car as well) she told me the Acura has classic signs of needing a fuel pump. Unfortunantly.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    GF is mechanic for 30 years? That makes her like 50 something? Which would make you like 50 or 60 something too? Nice!

                    I'd say it could be a bad main fuel relay (MFR). I'd do a tune up also. Much easier than dropping the fuel tank.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TegFan View Post
                      GF is mechanic for 30 years? That makes her like 50 something? Which would make you like 50 or 60 something too? Nice!

                      I'd say it could be a bad main fuel relay (MFR). I'd do a tune up also. Much easier than dropping the fuel tank.
                      I'm actually going to be 42 this June. She is 52. I have always loved integras. Had a 89 white SE when I was in my early 20's...LOVED IT!!

                      As for the current Integra - Got her for $650 with 191K. Not too pretty, but runs real good. She is my Daily Driver.

                      I myself am thinking its got something to do with the spark plugs...When we did a compression test, the plugs were coated in oil. She looked around and its the valve cover gasket. I think next pay day its time to do a MAJOR service/tune-up... Plugs, valve cover gasket, seals, timing, water pump (she is overheating and we did the thermostat and radiator).

                      Oh,, wanted to say, she does start rough; you have to rev her Then she is fine.

                      to DA_IN_A_DAY: I am sorry for my rudeness.

                      I appreciate all of your help!!!
                      Last edited by rosyjazz; 20 Mar 2013, 23:37:37. Reason: added more info

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        rough idle at start could indicate a timing issue. Also besides main relay and everything else listed could be that your coil is getting weak and about too fail.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          da in a day? lmao

                          its cool man....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Do you hear the fuel pump priming when you first turn on the ign. if so it points to something other then fuel pump. 94

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X