transmission fill bolt stuck, urgent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission fill bolt stuck, urgent!

So yesterday I drained my transmission fluid, but the fill bolt is not budging and it is starting to get stripped. I have heard of people filling through where the vss is or the breather hose, but I have no idea where/how that is. Can anyone explain to me exactly where I would find either of those on the car? pic? I need my car running asap.

i believe this vid gives other options..if i remember correctly you can fill through the speed cable hole...FYI...that's why it's always recommended to break loose the fill plug before draining..good luck

Comment

Thanks for responding but that is kind of vague, can I get a description of where I would find that? and what it would look like

Comment

follow the speedometer cable down to the tranny. its pretty simple to find

Comment

if you watch the vid too, he gives options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hl4utURDEU

sorry i thought i posted this before.

Comment

and your ok with two bottles of trans fluid.

Comment

takes over 2 quarts to fill up a trans...just get 3 to be sure

Comment

yeah it takes 2 1/3

Comment

Update- Me and my dad finally managed to break that bolt loose, thank god. I just filled it with a little over 2 quarts of amsoil synchromesh until fluid started to leak down, thanks for the replies!

Comment

amoil syncromesh is the shit, i ran it in my tranny since i got the car

Comment

I agree, I haven't been able to drive it much as I just got my license back today but so far it feels smoother, and less notchiness in 3rd gear.

Comment

Working...
                      X