Car over heating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car over heating

Yesterday I got to work and my car was squirting out radiator fluid. It must have been over 90 degrees and I had the a/c running. Before I go out and buy a million useless parts, give me some ideas of what it might be. Radiator fluid was leaking out from the cam gear side so I don't think it was leaking from a hose. Please help.

P.S. When the radiator over heats doesn't it spill water? If it does where does it do this from again?

Sounds like your water pump took a crap on you. If it is leaking on the timing belt side, the water pump is below the intake cam, so that is more likely the culprit. When was the last time the timing belt and pump was changed?
    If the water pump is not circulating the coolant effciently then that would cause you to over heat.
    good luck

Comment

well when the car was was spitting out fluid it was doing it from the front bumper area of the car, not right underneath the cam gears. Sorry for not being too specific.

Isn't there a way to check if the water pump is working or not? Don't you leave the radiator cap off on a cold start up for a minute or two and see if the water has movement?

Comment

yea thats a way to test it. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

I checked my car and both the top and bottom radiator hoses felt really hot, whats the deal?

Comment

The deal is that you have hot fluid circulating through those hoses when your car is running... They will be hot. If you are squirting out the front of the car in the bumber area, you may very well have a radiator that went tits up on you. Get your radiator pressure tested to see if it has a leak or not.

Comment

thanks for the info.

Comment

One more question. What would be the easiest way to test whether or not my fan and thermostat switch are working or not?

Comment

What would be the easiest way to test whether or not my fan and thermostat switch are

The Fan U Got To Let The Car Run For A Few Min If The Fan Comes On Ur Good There . The Thermostat Ot Check That U Have To Pull It Out The Engine Put It In Boiling Water If Hear It Click Open After A Few Min Its Good If It Dont, Time To Get A New Thermostart Also Check Under The Intake Mani. There Is Two Hose Running There One Is A U Shape And The Other One Is Behind That Check For Leakes There

Comment

Working...
                  X