X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAnthony9
    replied
    My turn, will have to look into the cheap repair. I have the dielectric grease so hopefully that will solve my shifting problems.

Leave a comment:

• Trevis
    replied
    hey guys just did this job...went really well...the only thing that i need to add is to remove the glove box as well, if you want to keep ur metal clips that is lol.... i bought the new switch...cost me $60 CAN..that including taxes. also you dont need to removed your after market sterio. any question ask. thanks.

Leave a comment:

• hermistonkilla
    replied
    does anyone know which wire in the above picture needs to be cut? anyone??? thanks

Leave a comment:

• dqami
    replied
    I have the same problem with the stuck key and glad there are others here that know the fix. I too was wondering which of the wires to cut from the ignition? I removed the cover and can see 2 sets of 2 wires underneath the ignition switch. One set looks to be red/white for both, the other pair is blue/white and green/yellow(?).

Leave a comment:

• waasif
    replied
    Thank You for all the help with this issue, i was carrying 2 keys with me as well for 2 years.

It took me an hour to fix the problem.

Leave a comment:

• da1990da
    replied
    i used to carry two keys with me in the winter cause the one set would get stuck and i would be late for work or school, risky but it worked

Leave a comment:

• Tuanx2o9
    replied
    this thread is going to be helpful since winter is on it's way and i jus picked up a

Leave a comment:

• JDMkidMARC
    replied
    ive been reading this thread and I was wondering if it was the same problem with the trans shifting to third and fourth???

Leave a comment:

• PEACEISEASY
    replied
    will white lithium grease do the same thing as dielectric?

Leave a comment:

• solconviction
    replied
    This as a great fix to the automatic shifter problem! Just make sure to clean the plastic pieces and copper pieces throughly and use the dielectric grease to re-grease the moving parts. These pieces were sticky and grimy on mine and now are working much better. Thanks for the info G2ic!

Leave a comment:

• karkra_z
    replied
    i found this problem.. it us due to the grease used to lube a spring getting sticky!!!!!!! take the console apart and remove the switch on the passenger side and disassembale it.. there is a little plastic sliding piece inside of there that has two metal pices in it... the smaller one has a spring behind it that has some sticky grease, i took it apart and thurouly cleaned it with dawn dish soap, the spring, metal connector, and the plastic piece.. i did that about a month ago and havent had a single problem since!!!

Leave a comment:

• Makelo
    replied
    Same issue here, besides the little P light not turning on and the key stuck on the ignition. I also have noticed a little noise /chrip /sound coming from underneath the car. It usually does it only when the car is cold & when I engage D for the first time of the day. It goes away after 10MPH

Leave a comment:

• posa23
    replied
    Thank goodness for this thread I was going mad.

Leave a comment:

• BLAZED
    replied
    Thanks
    Last edited by BLAZED; 10 Dec 2007, 05:59:55.

Leave a comment:

• karkra_z
    replied
    damn i was am having the exact same problem on my 93... but i am also haveing the problem going into D... it works fine in S and everything else thanks for everyone with tips i was hoping to find this stuff out and did no problem!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X