my heat wont kick in ....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my heat wont kick in ....?

yo i got a 90 ls , when i turn on the heat it kicks in for nomore than 2sec then it dies out ...help!!!!!

heatercore could need replacing or unclogging.

Is the fan still blowing air or does it all completely stop?

What is your engine temp gauge at when you try to use the heater?

Comment

I have a version of the same problem in my 91. The heat is working but when I am stopped at a light the temp of the heat is cooler and the fan slows down. As soon as I start moving and the revs come up the air gets hot the way its supposed to be, and you can hear the heater fan spin faster. Same issue you think?

Comment

Try topping up your rad fluid level. I had the same problem - it was solved by upping the level. 92 db1 - orig rad.

Comment

the fan still runs but my heat doesnt kick in

Comment

hey i also have a problem but its a little dif. i have a 92 teg and when i bought it the heater switch only activated three and four.. four meaning the strongest blowing cycle, it rained today and the number four click on the switch does not work anymore, just when i switch it to number three, can anyone help me out on what i should do?

Comment

check the heater core valve

Comment

only working on three sounds like you need to change your steped resistor!!! as for the the stopping for a light and the blower seems to slow it could be two things just that the air passing over the thru is less cuz your not moving or that your alternator is starting to go or bad ground but as to no heat bleed your coolant sysem and/or flush it!!!

Comment

Working...
                X