The little Oil Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The little Oil Light

Hi, I'm new to the site and I'm enjoying the great info, however I can't seen to find a solution to my problem.

I have a 1992 GS 1.8L with the automatic transmission. I have removed the oil pressure sensor and installed a oil pressure gauge. I removed the senor from the plug and the plug is just hanging (not connected). So, the oil light just blinks all the time, I'm getting tired of seeing that thing blink!!!! Question do I have to ground the wire to trick the computer into thinking there is pressure or does it need constant 12v to stop blinking or or or is there something else i can do to stop that blinking!!!!! The engine has awesome oil pressure...no problems...

Thank to all who help

Why not install a tee where the oil pressure sensor went and use the gauge aswell as the stock sensor ?

Comment

Your ICU is making the oil light blink Yes if you ground it. It will stop blinking. I will email you Info tomorrow.

Comment

You should really try searching as this is a common problem.....

My old Teg's light blinked/was dim all the time. After about 20k miles of that I finally got around to replacing the ICU, and it went out.

Comment

...If my ICU was going bad won't the rear wiper and rear defroster not work?? Some here said that grounding the wire should trick the computer, just want to verify this trick.

Thanks to all again

Comment

Grounding the wire will tell the ICU that it has oil pressure. It will not stop the light from blinking if the ICU needs to be repaired.

kn2000 and BacardiBreezer you have email

Comment

No, sometimes everything the ICU controls doesnt work, or sometimes just one thing, or a few things.....I don't think the wiper is affected by it. I had probs with the defrost, no warning chimes, and the oil light.

Comment

I'll def. try to ground it and see what happens. Do i have to put some resistor b4 for it so it's not just a complete short??

Comment

I still think the tee is still the simplest solution. You get the benefits of the guage and the idiot light as a back-up. Besides, installing it is a no-brainer.

Comment

All is need is just a short.

Comment

that little oil light burnt out on me.

Comment

pull the bulb

Comment

Working...
                        X