Shifting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifting problems

Hi guys. I've been having problems with my car for awhile now. My car doesnt go into gear. Lets say im at a stoplight && i throw it into neutral i can't put it back into 1st. 2nd wont work either. or 3rd, etc, u get the point. In order for me to put it in gear i'd have to go into reverse which is the only gear that works. Or just leave in neutral, which is gay cuz im wasting clutch. Now the car shifts gears fine, albeit it little rough, only when the car is moving. if i come to a stop it wont go into any gear. Something ive noticed also is a wierd thump feeling in the rug area right under the 3 pedals. when i push in the clutch, right before its back to its regular position, i feel a lump go up under the brake pedal. and also a sort of kickback on the accel & brake pedals. It's wierd. The mechanic doesnt know what it is. He says the only way to find out the problem is to take out the tranny. But i dont want to do that, i want to know what it is. The only thing that seems to fix the problem temporarily is adjusting the clutch. but after a short drive, the problem begins again.

Help.

Anyone?

Comment

I had that problem... It started out as a worn input shaft bearing. But before I could get to it, the release bearing, and pressure plate were damaged and 2 of the clutch disk dampers broke and fell off. I could only shift while moving. How many miles are on the clutch? Sounds like you will need at least a pressure plate and release bearing. But you might as well change everything while you are down there and hope that your input shaft bearing isn't worn or broken.

Comment

Hey thanks for your input. It is really appreciated. =D

Oh well that sucks. The clutch and the flywheel were replaced about 2k's ago. Everything else I think is stock though.

Comment

BUMPzors.

Comment

Working...
          X