acura mtf..???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acura mtf..???

well i was searching around for which would be better for my ys1 gsr tranny and found that honda/acura has come out with a newer and improved mtf p/n 08798-9031A....well has anyone used this stuff or heard anything good about it?? ...im debating on what to use with a small 3rd gear grind pass 4500 rpms?? any info would be greatly appreciated!...

Any Honda MTF or GM Syncromesh (Friction-Modified) should work the best for Honda transmissions.

Comment

yea well i heard good and bad about honda mtf and now they improved it see look....

Comment

so im guessing no one has tried this yet? anyone hear anything about it?

Comment

Well, I'm not sure what bad things you've heard about Honda MTF, but I never have heard anything bad about it, and this stuff is supposed to be even better, so why not give it a shot?

Comment

I've got 3 quarts of it sitting in my garage. Probably going to change my fluid thursday.

Comment

i went to the honda dealer yesterday to pick up the fluid and they said that the part number is the same/they dnt know if they have it<---thats what they said.

so i just got the honda MTF

Comment

hellasloh ..if you have a grinding gear and it helps lmk. and it shouldnt be the same stuff as the old..i dont think there suppose to have the same part number? alot of places dont have it yet for some reason ..thats what iv been hearing.

Comment

ive heard/experienced a temp/permanent solution to grinding gears...care to hear?

Comment

ill stick with my valvoline 10-w40 in my trans
                    car shifts like a dream weather its hot or cold.
                    its been in there almost 2 years now with out any problems

Comment

honda switched from motor oil to this oil and so should u

Comment

spit it out dude, whats ur secret

Comment

Working...
                        X