how do you check your injectors??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do you check your injectors??

ok so im having backfires in the 3000rpm range and i figure my injectors might be going out the door.... also i know i have a bad o2 sensor .....

just wondering how you check the injectors though..... and also would swapping them for 270cc injectors benfit me at all in a stock b20? cuz i can get a great deal on new ones.

TIA....more questions to come....eventually lol

VincE

ps... stock honda injectors are 240cc??

backfires, most of the time is cause by something wrong with the timing of the engine cams or Dist or a bad valve

just wondering how you check the injectors though..... and also would swapping them for 270cc injectors benfit me at all in a stock b20? cuz i can get a great deal on new ones.
    It will make it burn more gas.

Comment

well from what i read recently.... my fuel system could have a clog...or may be dumpin more gas then it should in the CC...

how would i check the injectors though? i know they are on their last limbs already.... plus when i check the ECU code it told me my fuel system needed attention.... and i know my o2 sensor is burned out...

but thanks for the info about the 270cc.

Comment

Just updated the post about injectors (snarfing up all the...) check these vehicles out, verify what will or won't and why from the appointed brainiacs and toss them in So, I know it not the big prob, but once the timings right, would be nice to pour the coals to her.

Comment

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthrea...light=snarfing

...so i check your link and was looking at the list.... but im curious... out of that list how many injectors have you tried?

if they are all the same for any b-series.... then obviously the newer years are the better choice... but you mentions the v6 accord injectors...

i have a b20 so my injectors are the original LS ones from the original motor... would the injecotrs be a lil different with the years like by point or something? i want to replace mine but yet ...be able to have a upgrade at the same time...

...hence the 270 cc question....

TIA

vince

Comment

ya, my O2 was out the door and at about 3000rpm it would backfire also, luckly i just changed a exhust manifold of a civic, and the new one came with 02's so i just put that in, looked the same so i put them in and now, car runs great, id srart with the o2 and check tune up?

Comment

I haven't tried any of these, yet. With the right funding/sponsorship/beer fund I could probably rifle through a few sets and report back but ,no ones returned my calls. I did procure a set of 4 from a 97' accord. They looked the same and plugged into the harness fine. I'm waiting on the o-ring sets to arrive to try them out. That is unless someone screams not to. As for the six cylinder motors listed, I figured each cylinder uses the 240cc shot, different intake setups and all. Just thought it strange and useful that Niehoff says these injectors are OEM replacements. If anyone is familiar with Niehoff or their website, then kick in some diatribe as they could be trying to convince people to switch to lower or higher cc injectors. The reasons are many but may include all the worn out 20 year old vehicles and their varying states of performance, so that a 270 cc injector will add instant pep to a car with low compression. They are, after all, in the market to sell stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X