do i need new exhaust system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i have a crack exhaust so my bro said the prob could b from that because its telling my ecu itz getting to much air or some shit. but here is the prob. my car runs fine but wen i slam it like try to race or anything it bogs out on me at like 4500 rpm. could this b from the broke exhaust of is this another problem.

had this problem with my civic and could be many things but what better chance to replace all your stock piping with 2 1/4?
    If it is the exhaust check all the piping for cracks, about a third of mine had split seams befor eit was a problem and if i pushed it too long at high RPM it would die.

Comment

ok well the first prob is my teg cuts out if i punch it on the highway it will cut out at like 3 rpm. next problem is i pretty much have no exhaust on my car the o2 sensor is bad and the exhaust is broke int like 4 diffrent places. so could my car be cutting out becaus i have no exhaust on it or do i need to adjust n e thing or new injectors or what.

Comment

alot of poeple run open header at the track, and not had a problem. sounds like your o2 sevsore or you have a cat cloggin up on you.

Comment

yea my whole exhaust rusted off there is no exhaust pretty much so im thinking that thats the prob. and i was just gonne get a whole new exhaust system. i just got a new motor not to long ago so i dont think its anything with the engine

Comment

Last summer my exhaust popped out right in front of the cat, so I pretty much had a disconnected exhaust at the flex pipe. I noticed no change in power at all, even gas mileage was the same. The only difference was it was LOUD AS FUCKING HELL and vibrated my interior. If you are noticing power loss it's not your exhaust being broken.

Comment

sigh...

a broken/leaky or disconnect exhaust will result in loss of power. you are ruining exhaust velocity.

Comment

ok good im hopeing i can jus get a whole new exhaust system and be fine. cause my car drives fine but i guess wen i race someone it jus cuts out wen i get to like 3000 rpm.

Comment

Stop street racing...and your car will run a lot better

Comment

I don't get it. What's stopping you from fixing the exhaust system? It's broken in four places. Isn't that enough reason to have it fixed?

Comment

when your saying it cuts out at 3k, are you meaning thats the highest it will rev? this happened to me, i had no cel or anything, but my car had no power and would only rev to 3 or 4 k i think. It ended up being a clogged catylitic converter

Comment

I know it's a different car but my buddy has a 92 Nissan 240 and his car was doing the same thing so he asked me to look at it for him. Both cars have a mass air sensor system so thats why I bring this up. I found that if I kicked his big coffee can muffler then I could make his car stall
                        It all traced down to a bad exhause gasket causing a leak.

Comment

ooooo ok well the reason i havent got it fixed is because i dont drive the car for that reason im trying to figure out whats wrong before i drive it again. but ill jus get a whole new exhaust system and a new o2 sensor and see if that helps

Comment

man I must have jinxed myself....this just happened to my CRX now, and it's loud as hell like my Teg was. I did notice a loss of power sometimes, but I never noticed that in my Teg

Comment

Working...
                            X