tranny problems !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tranny problems !!!

i just bought another DA today, and i bought it knowing all the problems and everything, HARD SHIFTING, dents, radiator cracked, bent crossmember etc. Then i had it towed to my house and was ready to fix what needed to be fixed but i didnt look to closely. i found out that there is two holes (about 3 fingers big) on the bell housing.

my question is, can i just change the bell housing(that mounts on the block) with a different B-series one and snap on the rest of the tranny on to it with no troubles?

any help would be great!

yup

Comment

iight just had to make sure. i get to save the rebuilt gsr tranny

Comment

The bell housing is part of the tranny you will have to change the tranny case if there is someting wrong with it. Besides just a hole in it.

Comment

??? the bell housing is the part that actually attaches to the block. and then theres the other part with all the gearing which has no damage on it besides the holes on the bell housing

Comment

You can not unbolt the bell housing like you can on a rear wheel drive car it is part of the tranny. When you take (bell housing off) you just took the tranny apart. Yes you can change half the case but you are going to need some tools a lots of Info to do the job.
            Last edited by RX3; 27 Feb 2007, 14:49:58.

Comment

Working...
            X