Abs and E-brake light on?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abs and E-brake light on?...

Hey guys, So i have a 92 Integ GS. and my ABS and my e-brake light is on. i cant tell youif they came on at the same time or what, b/c i bought that car with them on. I checked my fluids and there all topped up, im not to worried about the ABS light b/c i hate ABS so im gonna pull that bulb out, but the E-brake light is on dim and if i pull the ebrake, it turns on brighter. i cant seem to figure it out, hope you guys can help me.

Rob

e-brake switch stuck

Comment

ahh sweet man, ill have a look at that, if that check out good, any other suggestions?

Comment

iif it isn't that, then check the sensor in the brake fluid res. break out the meter on it and check your grounds.

Comment

awsome, thanks agian

Comment

np.

Comment

If u fix the e-brake light that also might fix the abs light. driving with the e-brake after a certain amount of time for lack of beter term turns off abs leaving the light on. so before u start pulling the dash apart fix the e-brake and take it for a ride and see if the abs still comes on.

Comment

did you make sure to check BOTH brake fluid reservoirs? I didn't realize there were 2 so I had that problem. however, my ABS light wasn't on (do 1990 GSs with ABS even have ABS lights?).

Comment

so i checked my switch and it works fine, then i checked both resivoirs, and they both have lots of fluid, i checked my wiring and still no deal, i pulled out my abs fuse and still nothing. i tried to connect the sonsors together and still no deal. i have proper voltage .... starting to piss me off, any thing eles?...

Comment

I was going to suggest that you were driving with the ebrake up, I accidentally did that once and didn't realise until the ABS light came on.

I had a 91 GS, that had an ABS light, and also a 90 GS, which DIDN'T. I thought it was something weird, but if you say yours doesn't either, then I feel a lot better good luck with your problem though...does the ebrake cable need adjusted or anything? I mean does it work?

Comment

oh ya ebrake works fine, dont find it needs to be adjusted. and im for sure not driving with the e-brake off
                      Last edited by Thepolishman; 22 Feb 2007, 22:50:35.

Comment

for the ABS light I know my car was stolen and stripped, so it's possible it doesn't have the original cluster or something. However as far as I can tell there isn't an ABS light.

Comment

u can check the code correct me if im wrong their is a little plastic pannel u pry off in the passenger side backseat, turn to key to on and record the code.

Comment

ill try that

Comment

Working...
                            X