help dead GSR :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help dead GSR :(

My first gsr just got returned to me after a big debacle with a now defunct body shop. It has sat for almost two years and now won't start. I am getting a weak spark and fuel pressure to the injectors. The injectors are the stock ones and have bout 240,xxx miles on them. Also when I pull the boot from the plugs I find corrosion in three of the holes like it is leaking water into the plug holes ???
    I have seen oil get into the plug holes before and have no fouling but the water is perplexing me. Is the head craked? WTF

If it has been sitting for 2 years you have a LOT of work to do. ALL the routine maintenance should be done before trying to get it back on the road again. Things like oil change, replace all the filters (air, oil, fuel), plugs, wires, flush all the fluids, etc.

As for your weak spark and low fuel pressure I would have a look at the MFR. There are threads on here that can tell you how to repair it if you find bad connections inside. If everything is "ok" there, then test your coil & igniter for the spark problem and a clogged fuel filter for the lack of pressure.

This won't have anything to do with the pressure, but if you are trying to start it on 2+ year old gas, it may not start.

Comment

Not the MFR I have had expeience with that. The oil is still fresh and clean, plenty of water. I think that mostly the gas is old.... I am gonna try some high test. The color of the fuel is brown like a good beer. Octane has an expiration date I am assuming. It just needs to run long enough to get to the body shop. Everyone talks about a project car. I have four, be careful what you wish for.

Comment

It may be a PITA, but your best bet is to drain and fill with some fresh gas. If there isn't too much, maybe you could just siphon it out. That nasty gas has probably clogged the filter too. Good luck with the projects.

Comment

Working...
        X