ECU light just keeps blinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU light just keeps blinking

My check engine light came on today, when I got home I checked to see if the ECU was giving a code, but it just keeps slowly blinking and doesn't stop. The car is a 91 LS. Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks for you help.

I don'tknow exactly what could be your problem since I don't know the codes in errors it is reading. If you can checkit and get back to us I might be able to help or others have had exprienced this and could help u or u can try the teg tips or search, but here hope this pinpoint u to ur error codes in #s good luck and keep us posted...

TegTip info;

http://www.g2ic.com/tegtips/engine/13.html

Comment

It's supposed to blink a series of short and long blinks, then you add the two and get the code. I can't tell what the code is because it doesn't stop blinking.

Comment

What do u mean when u say it doesnt stop blinking? Does it blink pretty fast or slow when u say it constantly blinks? Is there any short and long blink follow by a pause then continues to blink non stop thats normal i think until problem is cleared, but yea keep us updated.

Try to reset the ecu by pulling out the fuse in the engine bay. its the one with 7.5amp fuse.
        Other then this I wouldnt know how to help u except getting the codes.

good luck and can someone help him on this?

Comment

Nevermind. The check engine light is off now. It must have come on because I was driving at 6000 ft. Probably low oxygen levels or something. Thanks for all you help anyway Riccy.

Comment

wow 6k ft level i never know such thing would trigger the ecu to blink. I suppose so since u exprienced it in such high alt. I hope everything is good for u

Comment

Working...
            X