VTEC valve cover on a non-VTEC LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VTEC valve cover on a non-VTEC LS

I saw this on Ebay looking up LS valve covers. I would settle for a Stock LS valve cover w/o the matte ripped off in places ( I have a stock LS - non VTEC ), but risking looking dumb, can someone tell me that a valve cover meant for a 94-up VTEC valve cover wont work. You could save me the dough and the embarassment. Thanks.
    Attached Files

bseries NON vtec valve covers only fit non vtec engines

bseries vtec valve covers only fit vtec engines

Comment

For real Junkman? Looks the same but thats why I ask first. Something might not line up, and then Im screwed. I hate Ebay anyway. LOl. Do I have any options then, besides the stock LS cover, hopefully with no matte ripped off. I gotta admit, I love the wire cover part. Wishful thinking I guess

Comment

Junkman, Email me at wilracer03@yahoo.com with your addy. Where in Jersey did you say you were?

Comment

I'm in the short Hills area essex county 973. 78/22 24 NJ Turnpike and Garden State Parkway are minutes away from my house.

There are a few companies that make valve covers. Tenzo-R for instance at once time did. You could swap a DC (94+) non vtec valve cover or b20 valve cover for yours. Strip the paint off of your valve cover and repaint it or get it powder coated. As for a NON vtec wire cover you're SOL unless you rig something up.

Comment

yeah, LOl. Short Hills. I saw that later, like a minute later, and forgot. Email me your addy.
            Anyway, I was just hoping,y'know. Shit. OK, so, I did not want to strip it, and still dont. I work in a factory in Paterson and can easily do it, just dont have experience. I will look on Ebay, tho I hate it. Thanks for the heads up, Junk

Comment

dude vtec head cover will never work becoz u can see already by the bolt holding pattern the area where it sits plus its much wider wth u thinking....they dont look same. I mean if u see that the the holes where the bolt goes look same place then u could say they look same? but yea it wont work.

Comment

Ok, thats cool, thanks. Im gonna try to find an LS valve cover w/o the matte burned off. i was just hoping. There are 94+ tegs w/0 vtec? LOL. I guess I dont much about 3G. I will look up thier valve covers.

Comment

I think morroso makes a valve cover for non-vtecs but I have to find the link. If I remember correctly they were around $250.

Comment

here is a pic of the 96+/B20 valvecover on a 90ls integra-also,if your looking to strip your original paint buy a can the stuff in the 2nd pic shoot it,10min late rthe paint will fall off
                    Last edited by VT,DA; 12 Mar 2007, 04:03:18.

Comment

In a can? The teg tip had things like filling a tub with this stuff and laying it in there for X amount of minutes and then hosing it off. You know. Is there a second way, how did you do it?

Comment

yeah, just spray this stuff all over the valvecover -dont get any one your skin it stings like a bastard, and just wait 10-15 min you can actually watch the paint bubble off the aluminum then when its all bubbled just wipe it off with a paper towel or rag then wipe it down with mineral spirits and your ready to paint or powdercoat.-any old parts store should have this stuff.

Comment

I didn't get the brand in the picture, not sure which brand I got..

Anyway, I just put my VC in a big metal tray, and sprayed that shit on. Wear goggles or glasses, it will spray back at you.

Took a towel and it just wiped the paint off. Used a tooth brush for the harder to reach parts.

Then cleaned it with water and paint thinner. Buffed it with a wire wheel, and painted it with high temp gloss black paint. Does not have that "grip tape" look, but I think it looks pretty decent.

I don't have any pics though. Might take a pic when I get a chance.

Comment

I remember tenzo r making a vtec valve (wannabe) cover for a ls engine. Looked stupid but it says vtek yo...

Comment

WRONG! I can vouch I have a gay azz tenzo R blue valve VTEC cover here at home. Its not mine but my brother got it as a gift. Gayness he has a civic si and becoz it say tenzo R on it he doesnt want it lol.........I have an LS and i even sit it over my valvecover and its wider larger then an ls valvecover so how u going to tell us tenzo R makes wannabe vtec covers for LS Unless you talking about an LS valvecover but with the WORD VTEC? but even that i never see such things lol........

And pay attention becoz the bolt holes dont match up on an VTEC valvecover.

Comment

Working...
                              X