leaking oil like theres no tommorow from oil pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leaking oil like theres no tommorow from oil pump

i've spent almost $40 in 2 weeks on oil if that tells you how much.

first off it's leaking in the rear driverside corner. has Brand New OEM Oil Pump for a 3rd gen(was advertised as an ITR pump) just had a bunch of stuff fixed and replaced a month ago)due to T-belt skipping teeth, the car ran great for 3 weeks and then started leaking oil from the pump.

i thought it was the gasket leaking so i pulled the pan and tried some high temp permatex gasket silicone. It still leaked so i went ahead and order a new gasket and decided to pick up a new pan(that was pricey) well got it back together last night still leaked so i pulled the pan off again and put a small out of gasket stuff just were it was leaking because me and my buddy thought the new pump might have been a lil bit bigger and had a small ridge between it and the pan thats where the leak was.

got it back together this morning and it still leaked, got under there with the shop light and looked real close then cleaned the area with brake clean and it turns out the pump it self is leaking quite a bit higher then the pan. its dripping about a drop every 3seconds so it adds up real fast.

my question is will removing everything and putting more silicone on the pump and putting it back together work? has anyone else had problems with the newer pumps?
    Last edited by Da9tegra; 13 Mar 2007, 03:09:34.

There is an oil seal on the pump (front main seal), did you replace it? There is also an O ring.

Comment

the front main was in it from the factory.

i am leaning towards the o-ring, is the honda ring round or kinda square shaped?

Comment

its round about 1 inch in diamiter i believe

Comment

There is a big fat oil seal that sits right in the middle of the oil pump, did you replace it?

Comment

right in the middle the front main, its comes with the main seal from the factory already installed and its not leaking from the middle, it coming from the rear right between the pump and the block

i went to my local NAPA and tried several O-rings on my old pump i had and none would fit, one came close but was too snug and popped out easily

Comment

Working...
            X