Jake's I guess this is a "Build" thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cont'

I decided to plasti dip my wheels pink in memory of a friend who died in a car accident this monday R.I.P Sami.

Im not a fan of plasti dip or the color pink, but some things are just more important.

Didnt get around to wiring the rear bumper lights today ill get that done tomorrow and post the result tomorrow!

Comment

Cont'

Ok guys I finally got the rear bumper lights wired up haha took me a good bit and I blew a fuse doing it cause im stupid haha lemme know what yall think about it!

Comment

I like that an sorry to hear about your friend tear it up!

Comment

Cont'

Hey guys, its been a while but im just getting around to posting!
          Heres what i've been up to, I drove an hour and a half to get some 4th gen prelude seats in perfect condition

Install on these seats was not bad at all, it took me a matter of 3 hours, really clean and easy install. It changes the interior of the teg so much it feels more sporty now!

The new mishimoto full radiator, had to get rid of the civic half radiator due to insufficent airflow problems and overheating.

Decided the tranny cooler could get better airflow so i moved it and rotated it 90 degrees to get better air flow.

After all the mods i did in two days i had to drive it 170 miles without even having time to let the new parts break in I put all of 20 miles on the new part before driving to the beach, I didnt know if all the hoses were good and not leaking but I made it there and back without blowing up

Comment

Cont'

Ordered a tanabe touring medallion exhaust so I could finially get rid or that rusted exhaust I had on.

I also ordered a resonator or "race cat" for less restriction since I dont have to pass emmisions why not?

The exhaust was well built and went on with relevant ease very happy with my purchase!

Got the exhaust on and all bolted up, only problem I ran into was the stock bushing for the axel back (muffler) was too short and caused the muffler to touch the body of the car creating a rattling noise a $5 trip to oriellys to get an exhaust bushing off a mustang solved that!

Found a good condition arm rest for sale on here so I bought that and decided to see if I could manage to fit that between the prelude seats!

With a little more modifcation to the prelude seat rails I got it to fit between them Im super happy with this purchase!

Comment

Not worried about not having a lap belt?

Comment

im curious about that aswell. because theres a guy whos got some of these but i was worried if they would allow you to still use the lap belt

Comment

Originally posted by ProMcCown View Post
                  Not worried about not having a lap belt?
                  I still have a lap belt its laying next to the seat and theres still the buckle on the retractor!

Comment

thats sick man! so that means that its still compatible with the seat? theres a guy selling some and i always wondered if they would work just didnt have the money to waste if they didnt. so hows the ride/comfortablility in these things? is it lower in the car about the same or higher? sorry for the interview that you werent expecting lol

Comment

Originally posted by jalenda9 View Post
                      thats sick man! so that means that its still compatible with the seat? theres a guy selling some and i always wondered if they would work just didnt have the money to waste if they didnt. so hows the ride/comfortablility in these things? is it lower in the car about the same or higher? sorry for the interview that you werent expecting lol
                      Dude its cool thats what my build thread is for so yall can get ideas to do stuff, the seats sit a little lower, as i stated one of the bolt holes on the prelude seat rails doesnt line up but in all honesty does it matter? haha theyre so much more comfortable they gave me more confidence in my driving now im taking corners faster cause i dont falll into the door on corners haha

Comment

yeah jake! thats what i like to hear. i like seeing people do things differently because it allows you to do things without much money. im 17 and im looking pretty much for anyway not to ebay my da9 out. so used or new, from other cars or the same cars, whatever works imma use haha. but im saving for some suspension atm should be getting some stuff by next week then i might pick up those seats. i might try and fab up something so the rails line up even though my car is slow haha

Comment

in all honesty theres no real need for all the bolt holes after 2 weeks ive yet to notice that it doesnt line up

Comment

Originally posted by TheOriginalBieb View Post
                            Dude its cool thats what my build thread is for so yall can get ideas to do stuff, the seats sit a little lower, as i stated one of the bolt holes on the prelude seat rails doesnt line up but in all honesty does it matter? haha theyre so much more comfortable they gave me more confidence in my driving now im taking corners faster cause i dont falll into the door on corners haha
                            I'm not trying to be a dick, but yeah I would think there are a certain amount of holes for a reason.

Comment

i mean of you put em all on good for you, for now im fine with just 3 it works perfectly fine in my case

Comment

Working...
                              X