BLKACK1's Build Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAprojectTuRtle View Post
    lol screw that.. but damn you blkack1 for being in colorado and your legal marijewana laws lol. love your hands on build man its definitely going to help when i boost mine soon..
    its nice but lets be real. not much has changed. its still illegal to smoke in public or drive uti, so I really haven't seen that much of a plus too it...

Thanks for the kind words. turning a wrench on it has always been just as much fun as driving it. GL on that man, Ive seen your thread. Ill have to keep any eye on it. All I can say is Quality Counts!

Originally posted by Stevo-DA View Post
    Damn brother, I see you got your turbo on there lol Looks great man. hows everything going down in CO?
    Stevo, What up mang. Haha yeah, finaly made it and its been glorius! lol The winter has been crap if you ask me. I wish we would actually get some snow for a change... lifes good, new job, new roomy, boosted teggy... pretty happy right now

Originally posted by Deceptakhan View Post
    :thumbup:
    Ill Second That!

Originally posted by unified112 View Post
    Indeed, and we are neighbors... I like this situation.

There is a ton I want to do with mine, but this snow kills my motivation. Dig it out of storage, drive through the snow to the shop, work, return to storage... Not interested lol.
    Garage<------ you need! lol. since were on the topic of snow. how much have you guys gotten?

Comment

• Lol im tired of seeing snow man... cant wait for it all to go away so i can drive my stang ^^ Im either gonna be going to lewis next year or hopefully Carson still trying to get there lol what are you putting down?

Comment

• On to the good stuff...

Been knocking down the list of things to do in the last couple weeks. let me catch you up.

picked up some new split washers and redid my oil drain. made sure to clean both surfices really good this time. so it been not leak...

pic of the newly made coolant line and turbo drain after I put i back together.

Did an oil change. this is the most oil shavings ive ever seen built up over the period of 1 oil change, had me a little worried for a bit.

Word up Colin for the box of parts. managed to fix the big gaping hole in my firewall.

Got the radiator fan in

Mounted my map sensor and redid my vacuum hose to clean it up a little.

Redid the hose end on my block catch can line make it into a drain back/block breather line. just as planed the line has just enough slope to facilitate drainage

found some possible clearance issues with the strut bar installed and fixed that.

Comment

• took the passenger door panel off planing on just changing a window switch. yeah, No. not so much. after a little further inspection, I ended up gutting the door to get to the culprit, the window motor. this is where that project stands as of now.

Was sick of my hanging drivers door so I decided to lift it. This is no easy job... took quite a few attempts to get it where I wanted it, plus all the work needed to access the hinges. headlight loosened, fender removed. Also replaced my torn fender liner while I was putting it back together.

while i was working on that door. I decided to seal it up as well. car gets pretty dam cold on a winters night. lol

One of the bigger jobs on the list was to clearance the chassis from the exhaust. thankfully this project ended up being easier than I had expected...

Changed out the spark plugs. this set should look a lot better when I pull them due too not being flooded with fuel.

while I had the plugs out and being a little worried about all the shavings on my plugs. I did a compression test. I was just about what my last one was and well within spec so im a lot more confident about the motors heath.

WHEW. that was a lot to type. thats it for now. stay tuned, spring time is right around the corner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevo-DA View Post
            Lol im tired of seeing snow man... cant wait for it all to go away so i can drive my stang ^^ Im either gonna be going to lewis next year or hopefully Carson still trying to get there lol what are you putting down?
            lol word well send some my way. Thats actually hard to say. Im not done tuning it

Comment

• Nice updates, sir!

Shish that was quite a bit of shavings to see on the drain-plug, i would have been a bit worried also... But I breathed a sigh of relief to see the compression numbers lol.

As far as the snow here, it hasn't seemed like a lot so far this year. It was COLD in January, a few days with a high in the single-digit temperatures. But all in all not a huge amount of snow. Though we did get about 6" in the past day. Regardless, I'm ready for spring and DRY roads lol.

Yes, +1 on the garage idea. Sadly, my DD is parked on the street.. So really, the storage unit is the best place for the Integra lol.

Comment

• Where'd you tap into for the coolant lines for the turbo?
                Looks good man, keep up the good work!

Comment

• Originally posted by unified112 View Post
                  Nice updates, sir!

Shish that was quite a bit of shavings to see on the drain-plug, i would have been a bit worried also... But I breathed a sigh of relief to see the compression numbers lol.

As far as the snow here, it hasn't seemed like a lot so far this year. It was COLD in January, a few days with a high in the single-digit temperatures. But all in all not a huge amount of snow. Though we did get about 6" in the past day. Regardless, I'm ready for spring and DRY roads lol.

Yes, +1 on the garage idea. Sadly, my DD is parked on the street.. So really, the storage unit is the best place for the Integra lol.
                  Haha DD parked on the street, not an option shit i think the most acumulation ive seen was about 2 and a half inches in one single snow fall. we still the rest of febuary and march. maybe ill get lucky and well just get a 3 foot dump lol

Originally posted by Sirtef9 View Post
                  Where'd you tap into for the coolant lines for the turbo?
                  Looks good man, keep up the good work!
                  I had 2 choices, the heater core hose and the coolant drain plug on the block. for the sake of not having another hose draped over the tranny and cleanliness I chose the drain plug. I just used a b&r adaptor fitting that converts from the 28x1.00mm thread to a -6an. even though it came out great, it started out as a nightmare!!! so good luck if you go that route.

BTW, this morning I manage to trim the bumper skin a little more at the bottom where it was vibrating on the intercooler, threw a little padding between the bumper support and the intercooler and reinstalled the bumper onto the car.

also pulled both catch can fillter and cleaned them. just waiting on them to dry so I can reinstall..

Comment

• Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
                    Haha DD parked on the street, not an option shit i think the most acumulation ive seen was about 2 and a half inches in one single snow fall. we still the rest of febuary and march. maybe ill get lucky and well just get a 3 foot dump lol

I had 2 choices, the heater core hose and the coolant drain plug on the block. for the sake of not having another hose draped over the tranny and cleanliness I chose the drain plug. I just used a b&r adaptor fitting that converts from the 28x1.00mm thread to a -6an. even though it came out great, it started out as a nightmare!!! so good luck if you go that route.

BTW, this morning I manage to trim the bumper skin a little more at the bottom where it was vibrating on the intercooler, threw a little padding between the bumper support and the intercooler and reinstalled the bumper onto the car.

also pulled both catch can fillter and cleaned them. just waiting on them to dry so I can reinstall..
                    The kit from brfittings.com?
                    was looking into it but wanted the best place to install it.

Comment

• Coming along nicely

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirtef9 View Post
                        The kit from brfittings.com?
                        was looking into it but wanted the best place to install it.
                        I did purchase there kit but that piece was not part of it. there was a separate charge for it and other things I ordered. if you go back to post 1474 on pg 74 and theres a good picture of it. Its worked for me so far..

Originally posted by 92BlueTeg View Post
                        Coming along nicely
                        Thank you kind sir.

Got some big updates.

Did a little more clearing of the bumper from the inter cooler since I had it off.

Cleaned both Catch can filters. you can see why I decided to hook up the drain back feature...

Got the necisary parts to get the passengers door back together.

Also got both door sill and the rear interior piece in. its starting to look like a hole car again

lastly, this was just begging to be put on.

Comment

• looking good man. when do you think you'll be fully tuned??

Comment

• Haha you were supposed to call me to do those door sills...! I

Comment

• Originally posted by redtegra View Post
                              looking good man. when do you think you'll be fully tuned??
                              Wish I could put a time frame on it, who knows. However, I think im gonna rent dyno time from here out. for 2 reasons, its about time to work on timing which requires a way to measure "actual power output" and well.... I manage to talk myself out of what would be my 3rd time being pulled over in it in the last 3 month. :Naughty: its a good thing im allways just cruising working on the low end tune and not out doing the high end pulls.

Originally posted by teggyguy View Post
                              Haha you were supposed to call me to do those door sills...! I
                              sorry B, trust me. wasnt nearly as fun as building an engine crate LOL

So aside from my slight encounter with the police today. I also managed to put some more finishing touches on the map. heres a couple of screens shots that shows the AF across this particular portion of the map.

As you can see, I still have a couple small spots left to dial in throughout the map. its a slow process right now. working 7 days a weeks blows! lol dont mind why its in 4th gear in the 3 and 4th pic. it was 3rd gear, boost by gear allways makes it switch back and forth while im trying to do these low throttle/low load datalogs. it just wont decide what gear it wants

Seeing as how a no registration ticket is $100 before court cost and that being the cost of about an hour of dyno time. the search has begun for a local dyno that will let me work on it while just renting the dyno and there reading services...

Comment

• Try MAC Autosport in Parker. http://www.macautosport.com/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=35

Self Tuning: - $125/hour. 1 hour minimum. Billed out every 15 minute period @ $31.25 after the minimum 1st hour. Example: 1 hour, 15 minutes tuning is $156.25

Comment

Working...
                                X