No announcement yet.

BLKACK1's Build Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the suggestion but MAC is a little further then im willing to drive at the current moment there a little pricey compared to the competition aswell...

Comment

• Do you notice any air leak by the interior door handle or 'grab' handle?

After making new door-plastics for mine I thought for sure they would feel air tight.. I was wrong heh. A bit of a ding to my pride.

Comment

• Looking good, love all the progress.
        sigpic

http://www.facebook.com/tunersports

Comment

• HAHA the awesome crate of doom?! That was quite fun. Hit me up when you say you're going to work on it lol I'll bring beer

Comment

• Didn't know you had the OG JDP lip on your car. Looks fresh. Still say you should put some 1pcs on there, but the US 3's don't look bad. At least they're clean.

Good stuff, man. Keep it up.

Thanks for the help the other day, btw. Good talkin to you again
            sigpic
            **follow my build thread**

Comment

• Originally posted by unified112 View Post
              Do you notice any air leak by the interior door handle or 'grab' handle?

After making new door-plastics for mine I thought for sure they would feel air tight.. I was wrong heh. A bit of a ding to my pride.
              lol I can feel it more out of the window switch more then anywhere else. over all between it and actually having door sills. its imensly better

Originally posted by Ominous G2 View Post
              Looking good, love all the progress.
              Thank you sir!

Originally posted by teggyguy View Post
              HAHA the awesome crate of doom?! That was quite fun. Hit me up when you say you're going to work on it lol I'll bring beer
              done and done.

Originally posted by imcnblu View Post
              Didn't know you had the OG JDP lip on your car. Looks fresh. Still say you should put some 1pcs on there, but the US 3's don't look bad. At least they're clean.

Good stuff, man. Keep it up.

Thanks for the help the other day, btw. Good talkin to you again
              I keeps it Real its always a pleasure. we need too do it more often

So ive found a dyno in englewood call the carburetor shop and amongst a ton of other services they offer. theres one that interest me quite a bit.

IM240 drive trace-- (duplicates the emission test dyno run) with 5 gas analysis & diagnostics dedicated to the dyno run
              With all hopes I can determine from the log of the run where tunning is most important and how far I am currently away from actually passing. Ment to call to schedule some time today but lost track of time at work.

Comment

• Comment

• Getting there! Looking sweet

Comment

• thanks man,

been to long since ive updated, well sad news. the day I decide its time for the emissions while on a long distance trial cruise, my oil pump started showing signs of failure. I nursed it home with what I hope was any major damage but still building up the funds for a new one. sadly even if I had the money, I dont have the time to fix it. with spring time upon us I will make time soon.

couple of pics to celebrate the snow moving out and the spring time moving in.

Till next time.

Comment

• Sucha great build

Comment

• Definitely not the update I was hoping for.. it's just one thing after another, right?!?

Was it dropping pressure?

Comment

• Originally posted by lsjdmteg View Post
                          Sucha great build
                          Thanks

Originally posted by unified112 View Post
                          Definitely not the update I was hoping for.. it's just one thing after another, right?!?

Was it dropping pressure?
                          isnt that the truth. if it isnt one thing, its another!! at start up it woud take a second to register pressure then jump up to 60 psi and work down to 40 psi (this is fine) but if left to warm up would be less than 5 psi at idle. Good news though. new pump came in yesterday and with the help of members teggyguy and deceptakan got the DP, oil pan, valve/belt covers and both timing and alt. belt off. getting readdy to go pull the pick up and pump in a little bit and hopefully get the new one on tonight and the whole project wraped up within the week

Ill post pics later

Comment

• Woot! That's great news man.

Comment

• Pics of the carnage??

Pump

sproket/ring gear

Cover

hard to say a definate cause but there where deffinatly some kind of metal in there. dredged the oil after draining with a magnet in a latex glove and picked a couple small pieces of what look like possible weld slag. also found while cleaning out the pickup screen a piece of metal shaving which looked like a bolt thread(noticed it is actually the lowest part of the thread for the bolt that the pick up goes in) as well as 90k's worth of hondabond and some other small piece of pieces. Im really got my fingers crossed that the oil filter did its job... Im thinking about having the filter diagnosed depending on the cost. hell or high water, the CO G2 crew is cruising this year... lol

good news is the new pump is cleaned pickup are on and everything else in the motor looks pretty good. oil pan cans been cleaned and preped with new gasket for install and gonna try and have the timing belt on by tuesday. maybe emissions on thursday if everything goes accordingly

more updates to come soon...

Comment

• awesome build dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X