No announcement yet.

BLKACK1's Build Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just glance thru all of the 85 pages. Took me a while but managed to finish. Great build and I liked the fact that your were able to retain the full size radiator with the ram-horn style manifold.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
      I also Have to add even though the dyno vid is great. The only reason it came out and went on was in memory of a fellow G2IC member(Schneb) and local Honda Hero Shelby Henderson, who lost his long battle with cancer in October. There was an awsome turnout in his memory and will be a day ill never forget...

Rest in Peace my friend!!!
      Yea man, I completely agree! It was really awesome getting to hang out with the crew again. Was just like old times. Just wish Shelby's death wasn't the occasion to link us back up though .

On another note. It was pretty cool to see the reaction from the crowd your car got. Nobody was expecting that when you popped your hood, LOL.

Comment

• This is all normal to me since I see this car everytime I go smoke a cig lol. Glad it is finally finished(ish)!

Originally posted by mrpenny View Post
        Yea man, I completely agree! It was really awesome getting to hang out with the crew again. Was just like old times. Just wish Shelby's death wasn't the occasion to link us back up though .

On another note. It was pretty cool to see the reaction from the crowd your car got. Nobody was expecting that when you popped your hood, LOL.
        Dood was really nice to see you. We really need to make some time to hang out. I might go party with you this weekend xD

Comment

• Super clean breather and radiator setup Glynn!
          Track Project DB2 #896
          LeMons Project DA9
          My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

• Originally posted by aftermath1312 View Post
            just glance thru all of the 85 pages. Took me a while but managed to finish. Great build and I liked the fact that your were able to retain the full size radiator with the ram-horn style manifold.
            Thanks man, That one really was the one and only deal breaker with this whole build

Originally posted by mrpenny View Post

Agreed, there deffinatly more good time to be had FO SHO.

LOL, I wish I could of seen the face of the guy that poped the hood... All I heard was " OH Shit, Its Boosted!" LOL

Originally posted by Deceptakhan View Post
            This is all normal to me since I see this car everytime I go smoke a cig lol. Glad it is finally finished(ish)!
            Quit stalking my Lady, B

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Super clean breather and radiator setup Glynn!
            Thank Colin, I was asked on numerous ocasions as to why I decided to set it up like that.

On a side note. I just pulled the drain plug from the catch can and there was enough oil to make a spot the size of a dime on rag I place under it.

Less then 24 hours till I take the drive out to Colorado Springs and finnaly have my big date with the Tunner...

Comment

• I should probaly add this.

Of course in true moded car fashion. the other night I noticed a small coolant leak under the radiator. Of course the 90 degree turbo coolant drain line fitting went bad. I went by petersons fluids to pick up a couple of caps and pulled the turbo coolant line and caped both ports. ill order a new fitting and have it fixed upon its return home. shouldn't have any real effect on the tune.

Playing with my camera on the new phone, random shot from the pics I took...

Comment

• Videos to come
                Last edited by BLKACK1; 22 Nov 2013, 17:21:45.

Comment

• Awesome numbers glynn! Congrats!

Comment

• Hell yeah! That's a nice powerband also. Must be a blast to drive. Congrats dude!

Comment

• Good number and I like how that curve line just keep going upwards.

Comment

• Wohoo! Nice numbers Glynn. We are doing well, I will email you my cell. Number look familiar , LS ftw. How much boost? Also, is this the "calibrated" chart? I bet you were making more power than Dyno is showing with that turbo.

Comment

• Where are these videos you promised....?

Comment

• Im working on it lol ive got well over a dozen videos, spent the last 3 hours sorting and labeling. almost there. TONIGHT there will something posted

Comment

• Thanks for all the compliments fellas im really happy with the end results. Car was on the Dyno for about 3 and a half hours, Had a couple of hick up with the WG(dosent seem to be holding a steady boost pressure) and theres a problem with the Anti Lag, every time I activate it the car dies or wont start. Gotta figgure that out still.
                              I took it for emissions this morning, actually got it on the dyno this time but of course between 2 guys and 3 try. they couldnt keep the car strait and the throttle on point so they pulled it off and told me I need an alignment. Just drove strait as an arrow on the way to and from the springs(100mile drive) wtf.... I think im gonna raise the car and give it a little bit more of a street alignment on monday and give it another shot.

any who on with the goodies...

Last edited by BLKACK1; 22 Nov 2013, 17:22:14.

Comment

• Nice to have it back on the road, eh?

It sounds incredible.. Did your overall numbers increase, or was this mainly smoothing everything out? Either way, awesome stuff! Such a great feeling to get a car on, and more importantly, OFF the dyno and have things work out in your favor.

I don't watch many LS dyno vids, it took a second to remember why the redline seemed 'low'
                                Though with a fat powerband like that, high revs definitely aren't required!

Comment

Working...
                                X