No announcement yet.

BLKACK1's Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wow thats alot of work,but it will pay off.

Comment

• Originally posted by latinmaxima View Post
      Damn that is all looking good. Nice job on getting it all put back together and glad the computer is fixed. Good to have family members who can help in other areas. Me and my brother and Dad are good at car stuff. My other brother is the muscle. Me and my sister are the computer nerds. Mom cooks....
      Originally posted by 4door_002 View Post
      wow thats alot of work,but it will pay off.

thanks guys

I ordered new balljoints yesterday and might try and get out there and get the front brake hooked back up tonight

Comment

• soo jealous, your car is gonna drive like a dream!

Comment

• Looks freaking awesome man, I have a question about new lower ball joints and ur tie rod ends, do you have any recommendations as to what to buy? did you go OEM? or from parts store? I'm weary of getting this stuff from autozone or something because I don't know if they'll last. Just wondering your thoughts.
          Again, seriously awesome work though, car looks great

Comment

• Originally posted by h8crime View Post
            soo jealous, your car is gonna drive like a dream!
            like a wet dream

Originally posted by bmkisbmx View Post
            Looks freaking awesome man, I have a question about new lower ball joints and ur tie rod ends, do you have any recommendations as to what to buy? did you go OEM? or from parts store? I'm weary of getting this stuff from autozone or something because I don't know if they'll last. Just wondering your thoughts.
            Again, seriously awesome work though, car looks great

Im a believer in, you get what you pay for, So it OEM all the way, if its
            lasted this long, it should last me another 15+ years

I got my tires mounted today, now I just need my ball joints to show up

Comment

• car pooks great cant wait to see the finished result. Sure are inspiring me to go and restore some of my suspension parts. Good luck.

Comment

• I don't post a lot on here but your build is a real inspiration for me! I love how you pay attention to details and just how you work.

Your car is really clean! Great job!

Comment

• I swapped out my front springs today, and I have to tell you, sitting in my driveway under those filthy ass fenders fighting to break loose seized bolts, and more fighting to get my forks to line up with the control arms......I envy your build even more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikauto View Post
                    car pooks great cant wait to see the finished result. Sure are inspiring me to go and restore some of my suspension parts. Good luck.
                    Originally posted by Silchuki14 View Post
                    I don't post a lot on here but your build is a real inspiration for me! I love how you pay attention to details and just how you work.

Your car is really clean! Great job!
                    thanks guys

Originally posted by Eric48 View Post
                    I swapped out my front springs today, and I have to tell you, sitting in my driveway under those filthy ass fenders fighting to break loose seized bolts, and more fighting to get my forks to line up with the control arms......I envy your build even more.

LOL, I know that goes all too well. With any luck, I wont ever have to fight a bolt again

Comment

• So I got the battery in it and the brakes bleed last night, alos got the rear tires on.

along with good news, there is always bad. As I was cleaning up my SPC camber kit. I came to find out one is completly fucked. so Ive got my fingers crossed that I dont end up having any caster issues and have to buy a new SPC kit this thing looks horrible

Since im still waiting on balljoints, I decided to get started on this thing tonight

stay tuned for updates

Comment

• I don't know how I may have missed this thread. Very nice work.

Comment

• Originally posted by wearedaughters View Post
                          I don't know how I may have missed this thread. Very nice work.

Comment

• I'm currently in the process of upgrading my suspension and your thread gives me motivation, inspiration, and most importantly great ideas. Keep up the great work man as you are silently helping other members like me! My Full-Race traction bar gets here on Thursday!

Comment

• Originally posted by CrippyBlunt View Post
                              I'm currently in the process of upgrading my suspension and your thread gives me motivation, inspiration, and most importantly great ideas. Keep up the great work man as you are silently helping other members like me! My Full-Race traction bar gets here on Thursday!
                              Good luck man

So last night the ASR subframe brace went on.

everything went great until I tried to bolt back up the ST sway bar and thats where the problem arrised. both the bar and the brace want to occupy the same space. you would think ASR might have taken into account that some people might actually have an aftermarket swaybar already installed on there car durring the developement of this subframe brace, but I guess not.
                              even with the stock bar up. clearence is very tight, so much that im afraid under hard cornering that might be contact between the two.

So now im undecided on what to do. had I know this in the first place I would of just ordered the kit with the ITR bar, but now Im just going to have to source one some where else.

Also got this yesterday.

Thanks Kev

Last edited by BLKACK1; 06 Apr 2010, 17:35:53.

Comment

• So I decided to to put the ST bar back on and pull the ASR bar off until I decide to upgrade to a bigger bar for the rear. so I did that the other day. I also recieved my ball joints on friday and of course they are the wrong ones so I got a hold of the guys at weksos on sat and they are supposed to look into it this morning, so now im back in the waiting game.

To fill some time till then I started mounting this thing for those days I attend meets and fell like being a little flashy
                                Last edited by BLKACK1; 06 Apr 2010, 17:36:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X