BLKACK1's Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brackets and ballasts are installed.

I just need to do a little more rewiring of the headlight wires, install the bulbs and give the battery a good charging for a test fire.
    Last edited by BLKACK1; 06 Apr 2010, 16:38:11.

Comment

I just reread the whole thread because I'm impatient and I can't wait for updates. Its even better the second time around. Keep it up. I want to see it on the road soon.

Comment

Looking real good. Can't wait for the lit pics...

Comment

well ive been having problems getting the hids to light up. but Im trying to figgure it out. so right now the stock bulbs are back in

Good news is. the front suspension is back on minus the SK2 upper ball joints(fucking skunk 2) and the car visited the allignment shop this morning and came to work with me. the guy that did the allignment wouldnt let me leave just kept complimenting the work done on the front. Not that im complaining, its always nice to have your hard work noticed and admired

expext picture updates tonight and Meet pictures on monday

Comment

SHE'S ALIVE!! Felt very nice :-)

Comment

Congrats bro! Can't wait to see pics...

Comment

updates on the front suspension.

Since there is a meet tomarrow that Ive been planing on attending for the last month and due to the fact that my new ball joints have been finished, but the people at skunk 2 decided thats its obviusly not importand enuff to ship me the parts ive already paid for. /end rant/

I was left with no option and decided to throw on my blown out SPC kit in order to attend this meet, even if only for a couple of days till the sk2 kit comes in. So on with the pics

tranfered uca ancors to the stock arms

getting everything mounted and tourqed down

The moment Ive been waiting months for back on all four wheels

Last night I set toe and caster as best I could by eye and drove it to the alignment shop this morning.

She had a realy loud valve train tick so I decided I better do a lash adjustment. What do I come to find. one of my V/C studs was striped out in the head So I Stoped by the local auto parts store and picked up a helicoil kit to fix it.

doing the valve adjustment

The problem and the fix

at this point, I put the vavle cover back on, just no pics.

Now its time to enjoy my new suspenion and go cruisin with the fellas tommarow
                Last edited by BLKACK1; 06 Apr 2010, 16:41:22.

Comment

Looks great brother, have a good time out there and

Comment

Great build so far!, You hook up those hid's yet? Looking foward to some pic's

Comment

Very nice. That sucsk SK2 is taking their time. But when it comes in you will be all set with your suspension right?

Comment

Originally posted by AllmansTEG View Post
                        Looks great brother, have a good time out there and
                        Thanks kev

Originally posted by dakine702 View Post
                        Great build so far!, You hook up those hid's yet? Looking foward to some pic's
                        no, Ive been having issues getting them to light up. when I turn on the lights they turn blue real quik and then Immeadiatly shut off. Ive been to busy with other things to realy investigate whats going on.

If anyone has any insight they would like to add about it. please do, and in the mean time im going to try and look into it this week

Originally posted by latinmaxima View Post
                        Very nice. That sucsk SK2 is taking their time. But when it comes in you will be all set with your suspension right?
                        hopefully Ill be done. unless I run into the illeged caster problem

some pics from the meet

Last edited by BLKACK1; 06 Apr 2010, 16:42:18.

Comment

What condition are your ballasts, bulbs, and wiring in? I know they're used but do they show any signs of damage? Are both sides lighting up for a short time and then going out or just one side? Sounds to me like the ballasts aren't giving the bulbs enough current. Also, are any fuses blowing?

Your car looks great btw!

Comment

Thanks man, So my pops just showed up to say whats up and being hes an electrican by trade I decided to pick his brain about it. we hooked up the battery charger, put both bulbs in and turned them on to see what whould happen and they both turned on. So for shits and giggles we decieded to swicth the bulbs from side to side and then one bulb didnt work. after switching them back and forth a couple of times with one bulb working sometimes and the other not working at all. Im thinking that my bulbs are going bad. So at the moment one bulb is working and the other isnt.

here is a picture of the HID vs the stock headlight
                            Last edited by BLKACK1; 06 Apr 2010, 16:42:36.

Comment

Is that with the glare guard on it? How's the scatter?

Comment

no I havent put the glare guard on yet. I figgured I would order new bulbs first since the guards will be permenently attached. ill be sure to post pics of scatter and the cutoff when all is finished

on a side not the SK2 ball joints came in today. install should happen between tomarrow and wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X