• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed my SK2 today.

installed with lock washers but not tighten with thread locker yet

Swaping drivers side

out with the old in with the new

on to the pass side

shes going back to the allignment shop again tommarrow. So i got my fingers crossed that im not going to run into the said caster issue. im also looking into finding a set of replacement bulbs for my HIDs. anyone have any recomendations on where to buy some.
    Last edited by BLKACK1; 06 Apr 2010, 16:44:13.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to your alignment results. Good luck with that. I'm also interested in seeing your home made glare gaurds for you H.I.D.s. in action.

Keep up the great work.

BTW: How does she ride after all the suspension work done?

Comment

• Good to see it on the road. Damn a get together after I move 1200 miles away.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
          shes going back to the allignment shop again tommarrow. So i got my fingers crossed that im not going to run into the said caster issue. im also looking into finding a set of replacement bulbs for my HIDs. anyone have any recomendations on where to buy some.
          It sucks you have to get it aligned twice. Hope that guy at the alignment shop loved your car so much youll get the hookup.

I dont blame you though man, all that time on jackstands and the nice weather comes around I probly would have done the same thing.

As far as bulbs go, check out Josh, hes one of the sponsers on this forum, he has HID kits, I bet he could get you just bulbs. The subforum is extremepowdercoaters.

*edit*
          It looks like hes not a sponser anymore. I've noticed in the past he goes on and off the sponser page. You can probably get him through his profile still.
          http://g2ic.com/forums/member.php?u=16010
          Last edited by Eric48; 20 May 2009, 16:04:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by TWIZIDY View Post
            I'm looking forward to your alignment results. Good luck with that. I'm also interested in seeing your home made glare gaurds for you H.I.D.s. in action.

Keep up the great work.

BTW: How does she ride after all the suspension work done?

well looks like an allignment is not in the cards today. work owns me and my all time today and for the next week+

Ill be sure to post up my results when the allignment is done

the ride is supperb, a little stiff for driving around on public streets but is easily fixable with a couple of clicks on the teins besides for that I havent realy had a chance to get on it and put it threw the paces around the corners where it should realy shine

Originally posted by sierrahiker8 View Post
            Good to see it on the road. Damn a get together after I move 1200 miles away.
            haha, we'll make plans to roll out to the national meet together when the time comes for it if you drive threw Colorado

Originally posted by Eric48 View Post
            It sucks you have to get it aligned twice. Hope that guy at the alignment shop loved your car so much youll get the hookup.

I dont blame you though man, all that time on jackstands and the nice weather comes around I probly would have done the same thing.

As far as bulbs go, check out Josh, hes one of the sponsers on this forum, he has HID kits, I bet he could get you just bulbs. The subforum is extremepowdercoaters.

*edit*
            It looks like hes not a sponser anymore. I've noticed in the past he goes on and off the sponser page. You can probably get him through his profile still.
            http://g2ic.com/forums/member.php?u=16010

No charge man, Firestones lifetime allignment FTMFW

Ill shot him an email and see what he says, good looking

Comment

• I was going to put my ES poly ball joint boots on the Skunk2s also. I was slightly confused about swapping the boots, because the polys don't have the groove for the clamp. Just curious how you have yours.
              sigpic

http://www.facebook.com/tunersports

Comment

• I havent put them on my sk2 yet I was going to wait it out and see how my allignment comes out. as far as putting them on. I just pressed them on. the pressure from being clamped between the 2 parts is enuff to keep it in place

HID bulbs came intoday so expect updates on the glare guards and how well they work out in the next couple of days.

Comment

• planning on painting those calipers?

Comment

• Nah, There going to get upgraded to legend brakes at some point and time and those will get powdercoated and rebuilt

Comment

• Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
                      Nah, There going to get upgraded to legend brakes at some point and time and those will get powdercoated and rebuilt
                      good call

Comment

• So I finally got to mounting my glare guards to my new HID bulbs and gave them a test shot.

The replacement bulbs

Glare guards being mounted.

I dicided that it would be easier to grind down the botom 2 nubs on headlamp then I would be to mod the glare guards to fit over them.

The moment we have all be waiting for

Overall Im very pleased with the out come of them. However I am thinking about redoing them one more time and making them come up another 1/8 or so on each side.
                        Last edited by BLKACK1; 06 Apr 2010, 16:45:17.

Comment

• they look not as bright with the glare guards in... is that the point?? to keep them from being to blinding?

Comment

• Looking good, any pic's on the road?

Comment

• My bad I couldn't roll through last night mang, but hit me up as soon as you get you off work today. We'll get that leakdown test taken care of!!

Comment

• Originally posted by maximusmda View Post
                                they look not as bright with the glare guards in... is that the point?? to keep them from being to blinding?
                                Yeah, thats the point. HID's are about three times brighter than halogen bulbs. Without glare guards they blind oncoming traffic.

Lookin good Any shots of the output? Like against a garage door or anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X