No announcement yet.

BLKACK1's Build Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• put engine oil on the part of the fitting that goes into the hose.

Comment

• Originally posted by darussianone View Post
      Man I had to look again at them the ones for the hoses for radiator hose thanks
      It was called siliconeintakes.com

Originally posted by redtegra View Post
      put engine oil on the part of the fitting that goes into the hose.
      good looking man.

Some updates from last week
      put some more work in on the interior, started gettin down on the rear drivers inner pannel. I decided that the crushed velvet looked great on the headliner but would but very uncomfortable to rest my arm on. So i decided to just pick up some regular black velvet which looks just as good but something ill rest my arm on.

Difference between the 2

all set and glued in place

finishing it up from the backside

all finished up

this one came out so much better then the one we did with the crushed velvet. we just couldnt get rid of all the creases and bumps with the crushed velvet. the regular velvet went in almost perfectly, I somehow manage to leave a little crease in the one I did by myself but its hardley noticeable.

both rear pannels are done and Ive even managed to get the drivers side back in the car, just no pics

Im hoping my free time will, well free up ive got a little list of things taht I need to get done on the car, things are starting to add up and i just havent had them time to work on her. Poor neglected DA

Comment

• Poor poor da.....so neglected! Winter is coming up too no more teggy driving when snow comes out.. I don't like snow anymore.

Comment

• I read your wire tuck thread and need some help!

I'm a bit confused on the two wires that go into the underhood fuse box. I know the one is for the large white alternator cable. The other one is for the starter I believe. You said in your thread that you ran a wire "from the junction block to the starter", but didn't mention how you hooked it up to your battery.

If I'm confusing you let me know!

Comment

• Originally posted by Laydee_Mini View Post
            Poor poor da.....so neglected! Winter is coming up too no more teggy driving when snow comes out.. I don't like snow anymore.
            pretty much, but maybe if Mrpenny sees it on jack stands hell get the urg to start putting some work in

Originally posted by honduh View Post
            I read your wire tuck thread and need some help!

I'm a bit confused on the two wires that go into the underhood fuse box. I know the one is for the large white alternator cable. The other one is for the starter I believe. You said in your thread that you ran a wire "from the junction block to the starter", but didn't mention how you hooked it up to your battery.

If I'm confusing you let me know!
            both wires are a power source, 1 comes from the alternator. 1 comes from the battery

Comment

• Did you make your own cable that goes from the battery to start to fuse box? Is your battery in the trunk, because mine is in the bay to pass tech inspection

Comment

• Sorry for the delay man, ive been on an internet hiatus

yes I did run a new cable to the battery, the cable that runs from the alternator to the fuse box was long enuff I just had to reroute it.

No new updates realy, I have had a bunch of little annoying things pop up with her but im gonna try and show her some love when I get back from vacation next friday. maybe if im lucky there will be manifold updates

Comment

• That's right brother, enjoy the rest of your vacation and I hope you enjoyed Boston!!!
                  "Across 110th Street."

Comment

• Thanks mang, I had a blast in boston and realy wish I could of spent more time. Ill be back for sure and who knows maybe maybe it might be in the teggy

It was great to meet you man, I have to say driving nelsons teg has been the highlight of it :excited:

Comment

• Jealous.

Comment

• Yeah you should probably go ahead and make a good write up for the front door panels too....
                        sigpic

http://www.facebook.com/tunersports

Comment

• Yo looking good! Where did you get the fittings for the coolant lines for the turbo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Laydee_Mini View Post
                            Jealous.

Originally posted by Ominous G2 View Post
                            Yeah you should probably go ahead and make a good write up for the front door panels too....
                            haha, not sure about doing a write up. but hit me up with any questions you have...

Originally posted by jdecks23 View Post
                            Yo looking good! Where did you get the fittings for the coolant lines for the turbo?
                            It was a vendor on HT that goes by the screen name B R fittings

:::UPDATES:::

So me and Mrpenny started working on my practice door panel last night and heres what we got done

obviusly the door handle has to be removed in order to pull the fabric.

we used a little flathead to get the oem fabric out of the crease of the panel and then using a heat gun to warm up the panel and slowly pulled the fabric off

from here we laid it out on the felt and used a piece of chalk to trace it out.

we started to cut it out but my scissors sucked so we stop. I did pick up a good pair today and some more fabric just incase

Comment

• Practice door panel seems like a good idea, plus practice fabric...
                              sigpic

http://www.facebook.com/tunersports

Comment

• Make sure you get the right type of glue and make sure that the crease in the panel is completely clean of all the old glue. Oh yeah more updates

Comment

Working...
                                X