No announcement yet.

Long build in process.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.. I got jerked around on the eBay listing, in a way. The day after using the BuyItNow function, I received an email about my PayPal transaction being refunded. Sure enough, the seller refunded me my purchase price. I sent them a message asking what was up, no response. Gah.. I really really wanted that, considering it's discontinued. I may try to get a '94+ ACURA badge and see if the fitment is the same. It looks so bad compared to the new emblems...

Anywho, this past weekend was the yearly spring meet. It was nice to attend.. had a bit of interest in our work, got to see some good friends and best of all, got to drive my car. As small an upgrade as an armrest is, DAMN do I love it. Makes it so much more comfortable imo.

Getting to see the other cars definitely reaffirms my belief that I need new wheels. The fitment is killing me, and I don't want to run crazy camber. Meh.

Anywho.. here are some random photos. You can look up Import Spring ShowOff on FaceBook and see more.

Last edited by unified112; 25 Apr 2014, 15:18:53.

Comment

• What's wrong with your wheel fitment? For optimum looks I think you should just lower the car more, your car is perfect height for the street. If you want to take pics just lower it a bit for the photoshoot then raise it back up for driving. How much camber do you have now? I'm a big fan of running a bit of camber even on a street car, its a performance benefit and as long as it's not too much it won't shred your tires. Your tires will be old and hard before the camber wear is an issue.
      Track Project DB2 #896
      LeMons Project DA9
      My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

• If you want to trade up to some real Volks, I'll be selling my CE28Ns... Just had em sprayed Mag Blue...
        Track Project DB2 #896
        LeMons Project DA9

Comment

• yea this needs to be dropped some more, still cleaner than my car nonetheless

Comment

• With the wheels being x8, they are a lot more wide than I really imagined. At this height I already rub in harsh/aggressive bends. It would be pointless to roll/pull the fenders to fit wheels that I don't care for. A nice set of x7s is in my future!

As far as the ride height, these coilovers are shot. Since I'm rubbing presently, lowering it is out of the question.

Camber I 'believe' is -1 all around. Indeed I could go more (-2 or -3) but more than that and I begin to dislike the look. The last time I had an alignment my buddy told me I needed a new rear camber kit, and that my coilovers were "frozen". Said that the nuts were beginning to strip in the 1/2 turn he managed.

With WD40/PB Blaster and a wire brush I could get them in adjustable-condition, but with moving in the next month or two, I simply don't have the time. Hoping to be able to replace the entry-level Skunk2 units with some proper Koni Yellow/GCs.

My front Skunk2 camber kit is brand new, and I have a rear set ready for install as well. Once I get settled and have good cashflow coming in, the suspension is getting revamped entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin View Post
              If you want to trade up to some real Volks, I'll be selling my CE28Ns... Just had em sprayed Mag Blue...
              Bastard! Hehe. What are you getting to replace them?

I've really been thinking of some SRR EX-C Fin or Mesh. My brother keeps trying to sell me his BBS RS though :/

Comment

• All my track buddies keep talking about how great 8" wheels are so when I found a good deal on a set of Mag Blue SuperLaps I decided to pick them up despite my better financial judgement. So now I need to sell the CE28's to help cover some of the cost of the new wheels. Plus the CE's are the same style as my GRN's and the same color as my SL's so they're sorta redundant. I have to say though, the paint job my painter did is WAY better than the stuff that comes from Volk. When I get some time to take pics and stuff I'll be putting them up for sale. Right now I'm in the process of buying a house and will be moving so it's not really the best time to be selling car parts, which sucks cause I've got a lot of stuff I'd rather sell than move with me but there's just no time.
                Track Project DB2 #896
                LeMons Project DA9

Comment

• Originally posted by unified112 View Post
                  With the wheels being x8, they are a lot more wide than I really imagined. At this height I already rub in harsh/aggressive bends. It would be pointless to roll/pull the fenders to fit wheels that I don't care for. A nice set of x7s is in my future!

As far as the ride height, these coilovers are shot. Since I'm rubbing presently, lowering it is out of the question.

Camber I 'believe' is -1 all around. Indeed I could go more (-2 or -3) but more than that and I begin to dislike the look. The last time I had an alignment my buddy told me I needed a new rear camber kit, and that my coilovers were "frozen". Said that the nuts were beginning to strip in the 1/2 turn he managed.

With WD40/PB Blaster and a wire brush I could get them in adjustable-condition, but with moving in the next month or two, I simply don't have the time. Hoping to be able to replace the entry-level Skunk2 units with some proper Koni Yellow/GCs.

My front Skunk2 camber kit is brand new, and I have a rear set ready for install as well. Once I get settled and have good cashflow coming in, the suspension is getting revamped entirely.
                  i have these wheels...with a mild set of stretch tires on mine...no rubbing

Comment

• Originally posted by unified112 View Post
                    With the wheels being x8, they are a lot more wide than I really imagined. At this height I already rub in harsh/aggressive bends. It would be pointless to roll/pull the fenders to fit wheels that I don't care for. A nice set of x7s is in my future!

What's the offset on those wheels? MY SL's are +25 15x8. Although I have a lot of camber. If I were you I'd run approximately -2.0f/-1.5r with zero toe. Personally i think camber looks good if it's functional. I have nearly -4 in the front and I don't think it looks crazy, which means all those "hella flush" guys are running ridiculous amounts of camber, just boggles my mind why this style has caught on. I guess everyone just needs something new and that's what's new right now.

I think you're right about not wanting to roll the fenders just for wheels you don't really really like. I rolled my fronts a tiny bit just to be safe but it's not really noticeable. And in the rear you can roll them without changing the exterior body line, only the inside of the fender well gets changed so this only provides clearance and doesn't make it look worse if you go back to a higher offset wheel.

7's make more sense for a street car though. With 8's you really need a wide tire for it to look good and there's no point in running such a wide tire on a street car unless you're doing it purely for style.

Originally posted by integra_hot View Post
                    i have these wheels...with a mild set of stretch tires on mine...no rubbing
                    Stretched tires!? It's all about fat meaty tires Personally I think tires always look better if they're wider than the wheel they are mounted on. Plus then you get protection on the lips of the wheels since the tire extends over the lip.
                    Track Project DB2 #896
                    LeMons Project DA9

Comment

• Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      Stretched tires!? It's all about fat meaty tires Personally I think tires always look better if they're wider than the wheel they are mounted on. Plus then you get protection on the lips of the wheels since the tire extends over the lip.
                      Protect the lips of real wheels ftw.!
                      meaty tires all the way!

Comment

• Completely agree guys... I like a beefy tire!

Comment

• well i'm not a contact patch freak, no need to lob up a *ban* just cuz i dont mind stretching. over 90% of my tire is on the pavement, and the tire has a 'lip protector' built into it and it's not an extreme stretch, it was just done for clearance.

Comment

• That was a joke.... not something personal.
                            Track Project DB2 #896
                            LeMons Project DA9

Comment

• That's cool. Nothing taken personal, I remember those on here that really used to be butt hurt about stretched tires. All good tho

Comment

• Originally posted by integra_hot View Post
                                That's cool. Nothing taken personal, I remember those on here that really used to be butt hurt about stretched tires. All good tho
                                That's probably me. It's a fad and I can't wait till it goes away the same way that undercar neons and predator kits went away when people moved on to the "jdm" fad. It's all one trend after another...
                                Track Project DB2 #896
                                LeMons Project DA9

Comment

Working...
                                X