No announcement yet.

Long build in process.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This whole build makes me want to keep my DB1 and mod it up little by little. Nice build by the way.

Comment

• Not a new buy... But finally picked up another box that my brother was hanging on to for me.

thought I bought the bellows as well... But, those are relatively cheap so, no biggie.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtaNSX View Post
        This whole build makes me want to keep my DB1 and mod it up little by little. Nice build by the way.
        Thank you sir!

It really is taking me longer than I'd like.. But I'm not sure that there will be an "end" lol.

Comment

• whats up sean! i just skimmed through your thread all over again. Im sure you now know im back in man. I just purchased my brother DA. Needs some work for sure but im pretty excited. I regre selling my DB2. never again. I'm going to need some help sourcing some parts. (Many that you have) cant wait to see your car with some of these parts!

Comment

• Whats up brotha. Looking good

Comment

• Originally posted by DAnny88 View Post
              whats up sean! i just skimmed through your thread all over again. Im sure you now know im back in man. I just purchased my brother DA. Needs some work for sure but im pretty excited. I regre selling my DB2. never again. I'm going to need some help sourcing some parts. (Many that you have) cant wait to see your car with some of these parts!
              Whats up bro? Glad to see you back in the family... can't wait to see what you do with your DA man. It's already looking nice and clean. You going to the RSD meet at the end of the month? I'll be there, give me a shout if you stop by, would be great to shoot the shit again sir.

Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
              Whats up brotha. Looking good
              Whats up man?? Been a while. How's things going? I saw your updates... NICE!!

Comment

• So, as previously stated. Im back in Utah, which means more time to work on the car!!!!!
                I finally decided to dig into the OE lip kit and start on the repairs needed. There was a bit more repair work needed than I remembered but as always, we jumped right in!
                This is on the bottom side of the front lip. A decent sized chunk missing. After finding out the type of plastic used for the pieces (ABS Plastic, for anyone interested), I prepped the surfaces and filled the hole.

Stir-stick to hold the flat shape:

Mesh reinforcing screen, of course:

I have quite a few pictures of the repairs, but theyre somewhat redundant If anyone is particularly interested in seeing other types of repairs on these I can post them up with some tips. Otherwise, seen one, seen em all!

On to more interesting thing. . . SUSPENSION STUFFS!!!!

I finally handed the car over to my buddy and had him knock out the suspension upgrades. He was worried about having any frozen fasteners or corrosion being present.. But out of everything, the only issue was 6 bushings that would not press out with his Harbor Freight press. They were dropped off at a machine shop and they made quick work of them. Zero issues coming apart or going back together.

The upgrade list goes as follows:
                - Rear Hubs
                - Front Wheel Bearings
                - ARP lug-studs
                - Skunk2 Front/Rear Camber Kit
                - Inner/Outer Tie Rods
                - Rear Toe Arms
                - Hard Race Bushing/RTA Kit
                - Project Kics Lugs
                - Enkei NT03s
                - Custom String-Alignment

Old and busted:

New hawtness:

String-Alignment:

The car was done just in time for our Import Spring Showoff that happens every spring. I was worried about door dings and what not, parking next to random people and all.. So I got in touch with a local buddy and got the favor of being able to park with his car group. More space in between cars. Worked for me!

Here are some pictures from the meet though:

(The only other decent 2nd Gen from the show in the background here. We had a good chat as well)

Overall it was fun to get out there and mingle with some friends and get to see some beauties after getting their winter upgrades. The response from people about my car was AMAZING. So many compliments and questions, it felt awesome. I have never gotten that much interest before. It was very inspiring.
                Rally Sport Direct has their spring meet later this month, and I actually had a friend (RSD representative, coincidentally) reach out and ask me if they could feature my car at their show. Now.. it IS open for people to request to be featured, so its no crazy occurrence.. but for them to reach out to me and ask if I was interested, very very cool and was a good feeling to get some recognition for the work that has been put into the car.
                Well
                Last edited by unified112; 15 Apr 2017, 04:22:02.

Comment

• [QUOTE=unified112;n1114536][COLOR=#161616]

Whats up bro? Glad to see you back in the family... can't wait to see what you do with your DA man. It's already looking nice and clean. You going to the RSD meet at the end of the month? I'll be there, give me a shout if you stop by, would be great to shoot the shit again sir.

So i think you already know and saw but i actually picked up another db2. I've started working on it already. I'll probably be there. I'll let you know if i do go so we can chat it up.

Comment

• Lookin' great Sean! A friend forwarded me a pic from that show and I KNEW that had to be you!
                    Track Project DB2 #896
                    LeMons Project DA9
                    My OG DA9, Wrecked, Stripped, R.I.P

Comment

• Originally posted by DAnny88 View Post
                      So i think you already know and saw but i actually picked up another db2. I've started working on it already. I'll probably be there. I'll let you know if i do go so we can chat it up.
                      the black one? I didn't think it was a DB2. Dope! Definitely come out to RSD man.

Comment

• Originally posted by unified112 View Post

the black one? I didn't think it was a DB2. Dope! Definitely come out to RSD man.
                        no not the black one. Thats my brothers RS, the one i bought is an AGP one.

Comment

• looks really nice man. I like the way you did your bushings then put everything on at once. i bet it was a huge difference. Can I ask what antenna you have and where you bought it? I hate mine lol

Comment

• Looks so good Sean! How's the ride quality? You know I've been itching to hear your impressions...

Comment

• Life is good man! I see it is for you too. LOL Keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by pkda9 View Post
                                looks really nice man. I like the way you did your bushings then put everything on at once. i bet it was a huge difference. Can I ask what antenna you have and where you bought it? I hate mine lol
                                The antenna was sold by a company that has gone out of business, the last time I looked. I honestly don't remember the name of the company, but the model name of the antenna was the Shark 2.0

If you were interested in getting something similar, your best bet would be doing the S2k mod.

Originally posted by rollinmyda View Post
                                Looks so good Sean! How's the ride quality? You know I've been itching to hear your impressions...
                                The ride quality has felt great! Well, for the limited time that I actually have gotten to drive it. For some reason, mid-summer hasn't really been an appealing time to drive a car with no AC, I'm a bitch when it comes to heat lol. Really waiting until Fall, hopefully it will allow better and more enjoyable driving!

There is a vibration coming from somewhere that I need to check out as well. I need to make sure the tires are in ballance, as my NT03s haven't been done so since being bought. But I'm leaning toward the steering rack being shot, considering everything else has been replaced recently, thats what makes most sense. Going to try and hook up with my buddy who did all the work and get his opinion on things if the wheel balancing doesn't give the results I need.

​​​​​

Originally posted by BLKACK1 View Post
                                Life is good man! I see it is for you too. LOL Keep up the good work.
                                Life is good man, life is good. Building a house, about a month away from closing and moving in. That along with the heat has made me ignore the car more than I enjoy.. but, you know I have no problem letting the car sit :\

Comment

Working...
                                X