No announcement yet.

Yoonaka Spec I full coilovers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But in all seriousness I do understand that GC/Koni is a well recommended setup and I wouldn't mind having some. Like I said I'm open to options, and I did think about it after posting my last response, mostly because of the ease of just buying/rebuilding the shock instead of the whole thing.

Comment

Function and form makes extended bottom tubes for the rear. Pretty sure they are the same as yonaka. Look at my thread in the suspension section

Comment

If they can make, assemble and ship you 4 struts and 4 springs for $550, it sounds like you got what you paid for... You can't expect to have the features and quality of a high dollar setup when you're spending about half of the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by AV turn'd DA View Post
          If you really want to save some money down the road, don't get any of the brands you mentioned. Why? Because those companies customer services are lacking, and they don't offer a rebuild service because they don't make them in house, instead they are outsourced from either Taiwan or China, but if you're lucky they may be able to offer you a replacement dampener if you have a blown or leaking dampener; that's at best, if not you're SOL and you may need to be forced to buy another complete set- thus spending more money than you initially wanted. Again, like many times I stated on this forum before, you get what you pay for especially in suspension. Save a little more for the peace of mind that you're buying a quality product that is backed by an excellent customer service in case you ever need a replacement or rebuild. That being said, there is a reason why koni yellows/ ground controls are mentioned so often, because people have bought them and dyno tested them with excellent results. Just a simple google search and you'll find so many positive reviews- though the only downfall that I may see with this set up is that the top hats don't offer any camber adjustments, but regardless you're not only buying a quality product but as a product backed by superior customer service and a warranty unlike most sub $1300 coilover range. I would also look into teins as well, since they have a rebuild facility in the US and their products has always been reputable and on the cheaper side in regards to full coilovers (just don't get any of the older models like HA or HE, since iirc they don't offer rebuild services to them anymore since those models have been long discontinued.) Save the extra cash to buy something that you won't regret...

And to those who are going to step in and say " I have brand "x"" in my car and they ride great, well I'm sure they do when they're brand new, but give it time, I'm sure down the road you'll have a different opinion about your no longer new coilover.
          theres a lot of truth being spoken here...

Originally posted by bryan24207 View Post
          had my yonakas on for over 6 months now, still ride good..and did u just say their suspension dyno tested well..
          Ive had my super streets since 07 and purchased them used from a guy who used them for about 4 year IIRC. that mean they went aprox. 7-8 Years before I sent them back for rebuild and even then it was really only the fronts that needed it, the rears still had plenty of life in them. So with that being said, 6 months is nothing.. Ill bet you give it another year and a half or more and youll be back singing a different tune...

Comment

Originally posted by Cali.S View Post
            Function and form makes extended bottom tubes for the rear. Pretty sure they are the same as yonaka. Look at my thread in the suspension section
            So will these for sure fit on Yonaka's?

Comment

I want to say yes because they look identical but im not 100% sure because i havent actually had the yonaka's in my hand. Im like 60% sure lol

Comment

someone should count the threads and measure the pitch on each set and post it up on here, im pretty sure they are the same part just different color

Comment

Ugh I want to know for sure! Haha. I really want to raise my car some :/

Comment

On my thread for the ff suspension theres a guy that says they are identical.

Comment

Oh, I must have missed it. I'll check again

Comment

Working...
                      X