How About a "Tuning" Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About a "Tuning" Section

How about a "Tuning" section? A dedicated area to talk about tuning software. Would keep down the "should I use Crome or Hondata for my build" titles scattered throughout the site.

That's not a bad idea. It sounds familiar though. I wonder if it's because there wasn't much interest last time.

But also, I'd have to move all hondata etc. threads into there. Hmmm shouldn't be too big of a deal as long as it's in the same section.

Anyone else want to chime in?
    NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
    ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

it suprises me that there is not more support for this. there are so many threads about how to tune, what is needed, where to get started.

Comment

I think it's because not many people look in here. I'll foward a thread from GD.
        NEIL B. - 1991 DA945. Owner since 1997.
        ANYONE CAN BUY A NEW CAR. IT TAKES A TRUE ENTHUSIAST TO BREATHE LIFE INTO AN OLDER ONE.

SUPPORT G2IC BY VISITING THE G2IC STORE TO GET OFFICIAL G2IC CLOTHING AND DECALS

Comment

Im gonna have to go ahead and vote yes on this one.

sometimes, I hate digging thru the pgmfi wiki

Comment

It be nice to have a tuning section devoted to our cars.

Comment

I think that G2 Racer is right on. Our tuning for is devoted to our cars. The B motors are the same, but still it would keep traffic here on g2ic. Plus we could share our maps and set ups and have to dig through pgmfi for our needs. I know that we have some of the best tuners here on g2ic.com

Comment

i'm also going to have to say this is a good one. it would be good to let some of the people out there find out the low-down on the pros and cons of various engine management systems out there, to to help them track down what would be the best setup for their needs.

is my vote.
                sigpic
                **follow my build thread**

Comment

Comment

i think its almost a given that this forum would work out well. the trouble is where to put it.

in the Assistance Section? i think you should rename the Assistance section to Performance and Assistance. It could help newer members keep their performance related questions etc. in the assistance forums, rather than GD.

just a suggestion.

That, or make an entire section devoted to tuning. Kind of like the Sponsor section. Where each site sponsor has their own forum on here, you could do something similar for each major EMS out there.
                    sigpic
                    **follow my build thread**

Comment

That's a great suggestion. I've been trying to monkey with Turboedit, but not many people use it anymore and some of that stuff on pgmfi.org is way over my head. It' be nice to start somewhere that's a little more noob-friendly.

You can proably put it under in the Forced Induction section.

Comment

sounds nice a tuning section for G2's

Comment

X2

Comment

I agree with imcnblu. The tuning should have a section of its own, and then a several sub sections such as "General", "turboedit", "Neptune", "hondata" so and so forth so that the each of the systems will have a section. Also info about ecu chipping can be put here. This way it does not matter if you are going turbo, na or running nos you know where to find the info.

Comment

Yeah, there totally needs to be a tuning section that I can send people to every time that they say they swapped in a B20VTEC and can't get it to idle right on the stock ECU.

Comment

Working...
                              X